Break Time For MfM Heroes

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Break Time For MfM Heroes

Postby moeyhc » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:51 am

With recent events unfolding at MfM and the many accusations thrown at its Admin and committees. There are signs of stress within these groups of unsung Heroes.

May I propose the MfM team takes a 6 months leave on map release. The date for such leave is to be decided by vote. This will gives a well deserve rest to all our dedicated 'Workers'. All other activities of MfM will carry on as usual. Contributions are still welcome but will take longer time to be release when the holiday is over. This is the case of 'Human rest, but work still carry on'... :mrgreen:

Hope my proposal to give leave to our Heroes meet with your kind support. They Deserve The Much Needed Holiday....

Thank You!

:tq: :rox: :tq:
Common Sense Is Not Common.

sunn
Senior Mapper
Location: Shah Alam (HP4150 & SIRF3 BT, HP6515, Etrex Legend HCX, Omnia i900 16GB, Samsung Note 2, Ipad 2

Re: Break Time For MfM Heroes

Postby sunn » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:08 am

Can I take a year rest?

6 months is too short to digest the accusation. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :-' :-' :-'
It is a merit to forgive others:
The more we forgive the more merit we collect.

(Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs. )

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:29 am

That'll probably give me some time to start learning doing polygons instead. :mrgreen:
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

ccwong
JCV Master
JCV Master

Postby ccwong » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:03 am

moeyhc wrote:With recent events unfolding at MfM and the many accusations thrown at its Admin and committees. There are signs of stress within these groups of unsung Heroes.

May I propose the MfM team takes a 6 months leave on map release. The date for such leave is to be decided by vote. This will gives a well deserve rest to all our dedicated 'Workers'. All other activities of MfM will carry on as usual. Contributions are still welcome but will take longer time to be release when the holiday is over. This is the case of 'Human rest, but work still carry on'... :mrgreen:

Hope my proposal to give leave to our Heroes meet with your kind support. They Deserve The Much Needed Holiday....

Thank You!

:tq: :rox: :tq:

You got my VOTE! :wink:

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:29 pm

I'd hate to return to face 6 months' worth of mapping backlog. We'd need another 6 months just to come back up to speed. :ko:
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:51 pm

hmmmm... no one seems to care if we release maps or not. Why are the mappers/trackers/others spending hours of valuable family time creating it?

Let's see how it goes.... ](*,)

bro sunn, sorry I have no authority to sign your leave. You have too many Bosses... :thumbsup:

bro tympg, understand your frustrations... let's see if someone will offer their services while you take leave.... good luck.. :mrgreen:

bro zamad & ccwong, thanks for your support.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:00 pm

zamad wrote:That'll probably give me some time to start learning doing polygons instead. :mrgreen:

Bro Zamad, you are my candidate for Polygon Mapping, yay...
Remember to bring your Notebook (unlike mine :lol: )
Cya in coming GG to be announced by Bro TM Tan soon :thumbsup:
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

sulphur
Valued Contributor

Postby sulphur » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:06 pm

moeyhc wrote:.....the many accusations thrown at its Admin and committees.....:

Excuse me as my contribution and appearance nowadays is like chipsmore and I might not knowing what is happening behind the scenes...

It is common for people to NOT to understand and will always not satisfy with other. 'We' always like to complain at everything thats not in line with our ?heads? Just take a look at our facebooks and twitters where there will always some sort of 'not satisfy' with EVERYTHING around them, full of hatred and provocative posts.

To do something like 'organizing' activities in mfm need people with thick skins, folded ears and small mouths. Not to forget passion and sacrifice.

IMHO, just ignore them and continue with our life.

Lots of sifus and taikos have 'retired'...and I hope it wonts happen again.

Lalatbotak
Location: Seri Kembangan- Nuvi 610, Garmin etrex H,Lakatoo 1000

Postby Lalatbotak » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Take a short break, prolonged break would be detrimental to all MfM users.
May God Bless you all for your wonderful efforts.

Lalatbotak

simseair
Valued Contributor

Postby simseair » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:46 pm

Take a break for a few months. You get my vote. :thumbsup:

Return to “Community Hall”