Welcome to malfreemaps

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
mayernaL

Re: Welcome to malfreemaps

Postby mayernaL » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Hello guys, I'm a newbie and I hope I'm welcome here. I find this forum really cool that's why I decided to join. Wish to find new friends and hope I'll enjoy my stay.

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:11 am

:welcome: to mfm. Which device do you own?
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

ipswitch

Postby ipswitch » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi all,
wow. this is my first post. and its a problem post :nutz:
how do i transfer my saved location from my previous phone(garmin mobile on Nokia N82) to my other phone (Garmin mobile on Nokia N8)
kinda google at. i've select export gpx from previous phone then copied the file to the other phone;import gpx but it wouldnt work.
am i missing something.

hmmmm

man6830
Contributor

Postby man6830 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:34 pm

:welcome:

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:58 pm

ipswitch wrote:Hi all,
wow. this is my first post. and its a problem post :nutz:
how do i transfer my saved location from my previous phone(garmin mobile on Nokia N82) to my other phone (Garmin mobile on Nokia N8)
kinda google at. i've select export gpx from previous phone then copied the file to the other phone;import gpx but it wouldnt work.
am i missing something.

hmmmm

Welcome to MfM.

Goto your old phone SD card X:\Garmin\GPX folder and copy the file current.gpx to your new phone SD card z:\Garmin\GPX folder. Please back up the new phone current.gpx file if you still need it.

Hope this helps... Cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

cjsunny

Postby cjsunny » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:28 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Thank for you all, because of malfreemaps i am here,
because of malfreemaps i know you,
because of Malfreemaps i can updated my Garmin.

thank you.

wisdom_ferno

Postby wisdom_ferno » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi to all OTAI at this forum, newbie here.

Just bought nuvi 1350 and 2465. Always travelled to Thailand with my Kawasaki ER6n. Very difficult to 'Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan' without GPS. MFM effort is very much appreciated. TQ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:42 pm

wisdom_ferno wrote:Hi to all OTAI at this forum, newbie here.

Just bought nuvi 1350 and 2465. Always travelled to Thailand with my Kawasaki ER6n. Very difficult to 'Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan' without GPS. MFM effort is very much appreciated. TQ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi wisdom_ferno

:welcome: to mfm.

Hope you can also help to contribute more POIs and Tracks :D
Please feel free to browse our Library Section here
and the Library Index Section here. :D
If you have any questions, just post it in the appropriate thread.
There are many Sifus here to help you and to enlighten you.

Enjoy & have fun... :D
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

jmleng
Valued Contributor

Postby jmleng » Sat May 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi everyone, haven't been here since 17 Sep 2009 - almost 3 years! Nice to see the site still so active and the old folks still around. Wasn't sure my login would still work but it did. Quite strange to see posts dating back to 2008, old tracks and all - it seemed a millenium ago! Feel like a total newbie again, starting virtually from zero and not knowing many folks here other than the seriously old oldies!

Have done zero mapping in the past few years. I had a decent Perth map going in 2007/2008 but it all seemed futile with the off-the-shelf maps being so good and relatively cheap. Haven't had Mapsource and GPS MpEdit on my PC for years - not even sure if that is the software of choice any more! Always said I would get back to it at some stage, so I still collect tracks when I travel around Western Australia but they largely remain as tracks ...

Still have my trusty 60Cx and NUvi 260W for day-to-day use. I saw some posts about donating my old antenna to stimix, I think it was ... brings back memories! HAven't used one of them antenna's for some years now - probably have 1 or 2 lying around somewhere ..

Haven't caught up with anyone other than my old buddy antyong when I get up to KL but it must be at least 1-2 years since I last saw him.

All the best to everyone and this wonderful mapping community.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sat May 19, 2012 10:03 pm

jmleng wrote:Hi everyone, haven't been here since 17 Sep 2009 - almost 3 years! Nice to see the site still so active and the old folks still around. Wasn't sure my login would still work but it did. Quite strange to see posts dating back to 2008, old tracks and all - it seemed a millenium ago! Feel like a total newbie again, starting virtually from zero and not knowing many folks here other than the seriously old oldies!

Have done zero mapping in the past few years. I had a decent Perth map going in 2007/2008 but it all seemed futile with the off-the-shelf maps being so good and relatively cheap. Haven't had Mapsource and GPS MpEdit on my PC for years - not even sure if that is the software of choice any more! Always said I would get back to it at some stage, so I still collect tracks when I travel around Western Australia but they largely remain as tracks ...

Still have my trusty 60Cx and NUvi 260W for day-to-day use. I saw some posts about donating my old antenna to stimix, I think it was ... brings back memories! HAven't used one of them antenna's for some years now - probably have 1 or 2 lying around somewhere ..

Haven't caught up with anyone other than my old buddy antyong when I get up to KL but it must be at least 1-2 years since I last saw him.

All the best to everyone and this wonderful mapping community.

:welcome: back bro JMLENG :thumbsup:

Return to “Community Hall”