What GPS are you using currently?

MFM community forum where you can find out the latest happenings and issues at MFM

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss matters pertaining MFM community and forum only.
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum

What GPS are you using currently?

Garmin Automotive models (Nuvi/Streetpilots)
38%
Papago PNDs (R5800,Z-series)
8%
OEM PNDs running Papago software (Holux, Altina, China-brand)
10%
Garmin Outdoor models (Oregon/60CSx/Etrex)
11%
PDA (MXT/Que)
11%
Mobile phone (MXT)
22%

Total votes: 452

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: What GPS are you using currently?

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:18 am

cruiser wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:
Euro trip :-k ..... you may need to house my family for extended period of time if Eyjafjallajokull blows more of its top :mrgreen: :-' :lol:

Thnx on the buddies update. But who on earth is >>>: Eyjafjallajokull :shock:

Eyjafjallajokull is the Icelandic name of that Glazier that just had an eruption this year and cause a major major major flight disruption over Europe :ko:

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:19 am

silverbeauty wrote:

Let me be first in the que to reap the benefits of a el-cheapo used GPS from your older collection :mrgreen: :-' :thumbsup:

You're opting the cheapo of my current lot right???...i.e. my Nuvi 650? :lol: i'm not sure as yet... reselling isn't my habit just yet. I'm now contacting another seller selling a new HTC Desire... to replace my HTC HD I bought from Barney last year... Its giving me problems since it has a StarHub logo on it to name one... :rolleyes:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

sobamy
Polygon Mapper

Postby sobamy » Mon May 10, 2010 7:23 am

I voted for Garmin already. I am sticking to my Garmin Nuvi 205, my faithful and loyal Direction Guide & Finder. Should I decide to upgrade it will definitely be a Garmin. I do not think I will change to other brands where I may not be able to get regular free maps updates in MFM. Without MFM, life may come to a stand still for me, and I may have to resort to buying hard copy maps from petrol stations. In short, I am a "Garmin die-hard" :)
~~ freely receive ~ freely give ~~

cruiser
Location: NL - Nuvi® 3790 SG/MY, 1490Tv, 775T, 650, 4980 & TTom GO 910 + 950 Live, GO 6000

Postby cruiser » Mon May 10, 2010 8:23 am

I have decided, to purchase the Lifetime Premium Map Updates (Europe) for my Nuvi 650. Yes, it has been a very reliable model and I have NEVER update with the Garmin default maps (its a good thing I didn't 2B honest) but now that I have done it, it will be 4 times yearly for life so long as I remain owner and this model is accepted by Garmin...
I reckon, at least another 10 years effective before something else gets decided by them.

This Nuvi will now serve as a Pedestrian Guide, handy when leaving the car in a large city and getting lost... this will bring me back to the exact spot.

I will soon be updating the other two units (Nuvi 775T and Nuvi 1490Tv) for the Lifetime Maps (Europe) as well... then its done for good... no more concern thoughts about their pricey maps... its free all the way... :thumbsup:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Mon May 10, 2010 8:51 am

cruiser wrote:I have decided, to purchase the Lifetime Premium Map Updates (Europe) for my Nuvi 650. Yes, it has been a very reliable model and I have NEVER update with the Garmin default maps (its a good thing I didn't 2B honest) but now that I have done it, it will be 4 times yearly for life so long as I remain owner and this model is accepted by Garmin...
I reckon, at least another 10 years effective before something else gets decided by them.

This Nuvi will now serve as a Pedestrian Guide, handy when leaving the car in a large city and getting lost... this will bring me back to the exact spot.

I will soon be updating the other two units (Nuvi 775T and Nuvi 1490Tv) for the Lifetime Maps (Europe) as well... then its done for good... no more concern thoughts about their pricey maps... its free all the way... :thumbsup:

Alamak there goes an opportunity for a cheapo used GPS :mrgreen: :cry:

How much was the Lifetime Premium Map Updates (Europe) ?

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon May 10, 2010 9:10 am

silverbeauty wrote:

Yah lah & sorry brudder..., I was soon going to mail you abt this news. I could not resist when I thought... this is a VERY good deal which should be an ideal solution actually.

The Lifetime Map cost €119,99. :evil:
Image ~ Cruiser ~

silverbeauty

Postby silverbeauty » Mon May 10, 2010 9:16 am

cruiser wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:

Yah lah & sorry brudder..., I was soon going to mail you abt this news. I could not resist when I thought... this is a VERY good deal which should be an ideal solution actually.

The Lifetime Map cost €119,99. :evil:

From the pricing of new Euro Map, it is not a bad deal for "lifetime" update at a rate of 4 times a year ...
Question : What happens when your 650 goes "kaput" . Do you have re-course to transfer to another GPS ? Or is this money down the drain ...

Lucky "us" here in Sin-Mal, we have hobbyist community producing good "FREE" updated maps ... :thumbsup:

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon May 10, 2010 9:21 am

silverbeauty wrote:
From the pricing of new Euro Map, it is not a bad deal for "lifetime" update at a rate of 4 times a year ...
Question : What happens when your 650 goes "kaput" . Do you have re-course to transfer to another GPS ? Or is this money down the drain ...

Good q'n Ron. The deal is restricted to the unit and owner... so long as either or both stay "functioning"....hahaa, updates stays on.
Not transferable either en yup... kaput means, either repair and resurrect again (extra costs of course) or just treat it as a thing with life lah...hahaaa... but I think my Nuvi 650 will last quite sometime yoh!!! :thumbsup: :-'
Image ~ Cruiser ~

Return to “Community Hall”