POIs for Singapore 2011 - Jan ~ Mar

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Singapore. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
epi
Valued Contributor

Re: POIs for Singapore 2011 - Jan ~ Mar

Postby epi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:40 pm

colalite wrote:
epi wrote:
colalite wrote:V.110228 and V.110307,
There seems to be some errors :-? in gmapsupp.img.
Please see the attachment.
Please verify if they should be deleted. Thanks. :mrgreen:

For Red Square Irons, any other brother face this problem? (Nuvi 660?)
The Siglap Centre and Siglap Shopping Centre is two difference place POI, please verify again.

For V.110307,
It is confirmed the Siglap Centre and Siglap Shopping Centre are sited at the correct places.
At first sign by the name given it should be as said but checked further the building name by itself confirmed it named as "The Siglap Centre".
It can be easily confirm this by checking through the public maps available on-line etc..
I do not have the Red Square icons appeared in map (Nuvi 200W).
Thanks.

Hi there,
I have been in and out of hospital for some time now and my pc gave up on me too. I am now trying out my pc again; dont know when it will collapse again. Anyway, I shall walk down the road (when I am fit enough) and check it (Siglap Shopping Centre?) out physically.
Cheers.

Brother, take care your health and speedy recovery. Take your time for this issue.

Brother, health is most important issue in life. Please take good care of your health. This is just only a form of leisure activities in your leisure time.
Thanks.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:46 pm

V.110314,
Update.

Thank Done 160311 :tq:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colalite
Valued Contributor

Postby colalite » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:18 pm

epi wrote:
colalite wrote:
epi wrote:For V.110307,
It is confirmed the Siglap Centre and Siglap Shopping Centre are sited at the correct places.
At first sign by the name given it should be as said but checked further the building name by itself confirmed it named as "The Siglap Centre".
It can be easily confirm this by checking through the public maps available on-line etc..
Thanks.

Hi there,
I have been in and out of hospital for some time now and my pc gave up on me too. I am now trying out my pc again; dont know when it will collapse again. Anyway, I shall walk down the road (when I am fit enough) and check it (Siglap Shopping Centre?) out physically.
Cheers.

Brother, take care your health and speedy recovery. Take your time for this issue.

Brother, health is most important issue in life. Please take good care of your health. This is just only a form of leisure activities in your leisure time.
Thanks.

Many thanks bros.
Cheers. :tq:

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks.

Siglap Centre is definitely in the correct location.

What baffled me is Siglap Shopping Centre. I grew up in that area so I know at the back of my hand. The building marked as "Siglap Shopping Centre" has been there as far back as in the early 80's, maybe even late 70's.

Previously the building next to it was part of the Mini-Turf Club which has been demolished and a condo is being built now but I didn't know it was known as "Siglap Shopping Centre"

I double checked with Onemap.sg, and the same building is also marked as "Siglap Shopping Centre". However that doesn't mean Onemap.sg is always right because I spotted their mistake when they marked a church as "Church of the Holy Family Katong". Officially that church is know as "Church of the Holy Family", and unofficially but affectionately known as "The Katong Church"
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

colalite
Valued Contributor

Postby colalite » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:55 pm

yoladu wrote:
Thanks.

What baffled me is Siglap Shopping Centre. I grew up in that area so I know at the back of my hand. The building marked as "Siglap Shopping Centre" has been there as far back as in the early 80's, maybe even late 70's.

Previously the building next to it was part of the Mini-Turf Club which has been demolished and a condo is being built now but I didn't know it was known as "Siglap Shopping Centre"

I double checked with Onemap.sg, and the same building is also marked as "Siglap Shopping Centre". However that doesn't mean Onemap.sg is always right because I spotted their mistake when they marked a church as "Church of the Holy Family Katong". Officially that church is know as "Church of the Holy Family", and unofficially but affectionately known as "The Katong Church"

Hi bros,
Went around Siglap area.
Bro Yoladu is correct about "Siglap Centre".

Where the Mini-Turf Club was, it is now undergoing development. The adjoining side of this stretch of building has shops on the first floor and residence on top of it. "Siglap Shopping Centre"? I don't see any signboard anywhere showing this stretch of building as "Siglap Shopping Centre".
Previously, I made a mistake indicating "Siglap Centre" as the location of "Siglap Shopping Centre".
Therefore, now I do not think there is a venue called "Siglap Shopping Centre".
Well, the above is what I can see today at the site.

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:08 am

colalite wrote:
yoladu wrote:
Thanks.

Hi bros,
Went around Siglap area.
Bro Yoladu is correct about "Siglap Centre".

Where the Mini-Turf Club was, it is now undergoing development. The adjoining side of this stretch of building has shops on the first floor and residence on top of it. "Siglap Shopping Centre"? I don't see any signboard anywhere showing this stretch of building as "Siglap Shopping Centre".
Previously, I made a mistake indicating "Siglap Centre" as the location of "Siglap Shopping Centre".
Therefore, now I do not think there is a venue called "Siglap Shopping Centre".
Well, the above is what I can see today at the site.

Bros,
That are what I am trying to tell the map is correctly named. The Siglap Shopping Centre is just a name conveniently given to the building named "Siglap Centre" adjacent to it. The " Sipglap Centre" is the name physically held on top of its building. It can be easily confirmed and viewed by some other public Street view photo maps on-line around other than just a few alike ie. Onemap etc..
Need not to change or alter any things.
Thanks.

colalite
Valued Contributor

Postby colalite » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:36 pm

epi wrote:Bros,
That are what I am trying to tell the map is correctly named. The Siglap Shopping Centre is just a name conveniently given to the building named "Siglap Centre" adjacent to it. The " Sipglap Centre" is the name physically held on top of its building. It can be easily confirmed and viewed by some other public Street view photo maps on-line around other than just a few alike ie. Onemap etc..
Need not to change or alter any things.
Thanks.

This still does not solve the issue of the Red Square Icons where one of the icons showed "Siglap Shopping Centre" in the wrong location (not "Siglap Centre" or "MiniTurf Club stretch of building" locations but at "Starbuck Siglap" location) and these Red Square Icons are appearing in my Nuvi 660 gmapsupp.img
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:12 pm

colalite wrote:This still does not solve the issue of the Red Square Icons where one of the icons showed "Siglap Shopping Centre" in the wrong location (not "Siglap Centre" or "MiniTurf Club stretch of building" locations but at "Starbuck Siglap" location) and these Red Square Icons are appearing in my Nuvi 660 gmapsupp.img

On my Nuvi550, no "red squares" icons.

When I generate the map, i checked these options
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

epi
Valued Contributor

Postby epi » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:58 pm

V.110314,
Katong Park etc..
Thanks.

bengyin

Postby bengyin » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:02 pm

V.110314

N1 18.943 E103 51.504
Singapore Teachers' Union
583 Serangoon Road,
Singapore 218197

Cheers!

Return to “Singapore Map Feedback”