Routing Problem : Kg Bahru Road to Varsity Park Condo

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Singapore. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
francis3

Routing Problem : Kg Bahru Road to Varsity Park Condo

Postby francis3 » Sat May 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Post subject: Re: Singapore - Feedback (Q1 2010

Routing from Kampong Bahru Road to Varsity Park Condo (West Coast Road), the fastest route should be:

Kampong Bahru Road - Lower Delta Road - Ramp AYE - AYE - Exit to Clementi Road - turn right to West Coast Road and then Right Turn to Varsity Park Condo.

But when I travelled this route, the routing was Kampong Bahru Road to Lower Delta Road and Ramp AYE - AYE - Exit Clementi Avenue 2 and turn left to West Coast Road and left turn to Varsity Park Condo.

This is a longer route by about 1.0 KM and will take a few minutes more.

However, when I travelled via the Clementi Road and right turn to West Coast Road and before reaching Varsity Park Condo, the navigator advise a U-TURN instead of a RIGHT to Varsity Park Condo.

Please adjust the routing and as well as the U-Turn to Right turn.

Appreciate for the assistance.

francis3

Done! 177
Please check again on next release - OngCC

francis3

Re: Routing Problem : Kg Bahru Road to Varsity Park Condo

Postby francis3 » Mon May 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Dear OngCC,

Your assistance is appreciated.

There is also another problem with the navigator pronounciation. The Bahru in Kampong Bahru Road should be pronounced as "ba ru" and not as "Ba hee gia".

Appreciate that you can adjust it.

Thank you very much

francis3

We are not able to control how the TTS pronounce any word... - OngCC

francis3

Re: Routing Problem : Kg Bahru Road to Varsity Park Condo

Postby francis3 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:19 am

Dear Mr. OngCC,

I have again tried the route from Kampong Bahru Road to 30 West Coast Road and it still guide through the old routing i.e. from Kampong Bahru, turn right to Lower Delta Road, exit on Ramp AYE, AYE. Exit to Clementi Avenue II and then turn left to West Coast Road and then finally turn Left to Varsity Park Condo. The shortest (1 km less ) and shorter time ( 5 mins ) is to go from Kampong Bahru Road, Exit Ramp AYE, AYE and then exit NUS Kent Ridge and turn left to Clementi Road and cruised along Km, turn left to West Coast Road and by another 400 metre turn Left to Varsity Park Condo.

When I exist NUS Kent Ridge, and turn left to Clementi Road and then turn to West Coast Road, the navigator advise for a U-Turn into Varsity Park Condo instead of just a right turn to Varsity Park Condo.

Appreciate your advise.

Thank you and best regards,

francis3

Done! 179
Please check again on next release. - OngCC

Return to “Singapore Map Feedback”