Unable to route to God of Fortune temple

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Singapore. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kon

Unable to route to God of Fortune temple

Postby kon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Unable to route to Sembawang God of Fortune temple, both using mapsource & nuvi750.

When selected the temple as destination, it would just route to the temple as a straight line or lead you to JB, then suddenly a straight line to the temple (crossing the straits!)

Any fix for this?

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: Unable to route to God of Fortune temple

Postby moeyhc » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:38 pm

You never pray hard enough lah... where got straight lines routing?... :mrgreen:

Bro, You have to set your navigation using Motorcar ( for both Mapsource and Nuvi). Your setting now should be for Off-Road. Change it to Faster Time or Shorter Distance... hope this helps... cheers!
Last edited by moeyhc on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:41 pm

The other thing to note is that in MFM, the temple is known at Sembawang God Of Wealth temple at N1 27.650 E103 48.671

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:44 pm

The God of Fortune also scare of you lah. :mrgreen:
Just kidding. :prayer: :peace:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

colalite
Valued Contributor

Postby colalite » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:58 pm

Go by car lah. Not plane.
Wah, seeking fortune go so fast meh? Only straight lines ah. :-?
:peace: Also kidding only.

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Postby indrapr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:54 pm

kon wrote:Unable to route to Sembawang God of Fortune temple, both using mapsource & nuvi750.

Do you mean Sembawang God of Wealth Temple at location N1 27.650 E103 48.671?

If yes, the report is valid, we are not able to route to the temple because the waypoint is marked too close to the Sembawang Park Connector, which is not routable using car.

Please find attached the GDB file containing the waypoint for Sembawang God of Fortune temple closer to Admiralty Street, which should resolve the problem.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kon

Postby kon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:19 pm

mind & finger not co-ordinating well... yes, I'm referring to the Sembawang God of Wealth temple

and no, i don't pray that much, just fulfilling my duty to bring my parents there when they wants to go. actually have had this problem when I was using MSM, but didn't realised it follow to MFM also :lol:

the first time i kena this, i only realise it when i was up at the bridge heading to to SIngapore immigration! luckily manage to detour and have to rely on eye/road sign to get there... did try selecting other POI surrounding the area, but all ended up as "straight line" or "via JB"

but good also, coz after this incident, i make it a point to review my entire route on map before moving off... coz realising this half way is not fun at all ](*,)

P/S: Maybe you guys wanna try routing to this POI on your mapsource, I'm sure you all will be "flying" like me :tease:
Last edited by kon on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kon

Postby kon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:21 pm

indrapr wrote:
kon wrote:Unable to route to Sembawang God of Fortune temple, both using mapsource & nuvi750.

Do you mean Sembawang God of Wealth Temple at location N1 27.650 E103 48.671?

If yes, the report is valid, we are not able to route to the temple because the waypoint is marked too close to the Sembawang Park Connector, which is not routable using car.

Please find attached the GDB file containing the waypoint for Sembawang God of Fortune temple closer to Admiralty Street, which should resolve the problem.

Thank you.

thank you! this seems to have solve the problem....

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Thanks! Had relocated the POI.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

Return to “Singapore Map Feedback”