Error on MFM1.52 No Right Turn near Stamford Road

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Singapore. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
bkling

Error on MFM1.52 No Right Turn near Stamford Road

Postby bkling » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:43 am

MFM1.52 indicated me to right turn from Victoria Street to Stamford Road which right turn is not allowed. It almost caused an accident. Please check and update.

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Re: Error on MFM1.52 No Right Turn near Stamford Road

Postby OngCC » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 am

Sorry to hear that, please use the GPS as a guide only, do not trust 100% on it.

BTW, how to make a right turn from Victoria Street to Stamford Road?
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

mfm88

Postby mfm88 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:50 am

Yes, over-reliance on machines can be disastrous.
Ground condition can change any moment as well, dont follow blindly.

Victoria street has been a 2 way street for quite some time, all turns "possible" !
心远地自偏,心静自然凉

ace
Valued Contributor

Postby ace » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:58 am

bkling wrote:MFM1.52 indicated me to right turn from Victoria Street to Stamford Road which right turn is not allowed. It almost caused an accident. Please check and update.

Case 001/2009-Open
The incident has been investigated.... it has been concluded that the driver is at fault for not keeping a proper lookout... he or she did not exercise due care and judgement, The driver try to put the blame on the electronic GPSr device when it is he/she who failed to understand that he/she is over reliant on the electronic GPSr which is supposed to be a tool only.

Since the skill of handling the motor vehicle is not at fault... it is recommend that the driver go for refresher course to refamiliar himself/herself with what is the function of traffic lights, allowed turns, traffic signage, aka known as how to obey general Traffic Rules/Regulations.
Case 001/2009-Closed.

By the way, you can't turn right from Victoria Street to Stamford Road... If I'm not wrong, since I don't pass there often, you have to go further up to Coleman Street junction and make a u-turn.

watchthewaves

Postby watchthewaves » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Yup, that is how Victoria St is at that stretch in front of CHIJMES. At the cross junction with Stamford Rd, you can't do a right turn into Stamford Rd. Similarly, on the same stretch going the other way on Victoria St, at the cross junction with Bras Basah Rd, you can't do a right turn into Bras Basah Rd either. This I haven't checked whether MFM1.52 is correct or not. Just thought I'd mention it.

bkling

Postby bkling » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:11 pm

ace wrote:
bkling wrote:MFM1.52 indicated me to right turn from Victoria Street to Stamford Road which right turn is not allowed. It almost caused an accident. Please check and update.

Case 001/2009-Open
The incident has been investigated.... it has been concluded that the driver is at fault for not keeping a proper lookout... he or she did not exercise due care and judgement, The driver try to put the blame on the electronic GPSr device when it is he/she who failed to understand that he/she is over reliant on the electronic GPSr which is supposed to be a tool only.

Since the skill of handling the motor vehicle is not at fault... it is recommend that the driver go for refresher course to refamiliar himself/herself with what is the function of traffic lights, allowed turns, traffic signage, aka known as how to obey general Traffic Rules/Regulations.
Case 001/2009-Closed.

By the way, you can't turn right from Victoria Street to Stamford Road... If I'm not wrong, since I don't pass there often, you have to go further up to Coleman Street junction and make a u-turn.

You sounded so serious like a High court judge. Just to be a bit blunt, what investigation have u carried out? Do u really know what had happened? Where did u find that I have blamed the GPS or MFM in my post. In addition, I am not saying that I have F1 driving skill but my driving experience without any accident is more than a lot of driving instructor in Singapore.

The true fact that we can't turn from Victoria Street to Stamford Road and in actual fact that I also did not right turn (With emergency break) that's whay is "almost" cause an accident scenario. I am not disputing that we cannot 100% relying on the GPS or any map and this statement is always correct. What I am trying to do is to report to the community that there is an error following the route set by Garmin+MFM1.52 which indicated me to right turn to the shortest route to reach my destination. I only hope this error to be rectified and updated in the new version to benefit other.

That's only my simple purpose of reporting it. Brother, steady...you are thinking & speculating too much.

Return to “Singapore Map Feedback”