Traffic Light Alert on Viaduct or Expressway - Irritating

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Singapore. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
carlover

Traffic Light Alert on Viaduct or Expressway - Irritating

Postby carlover » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:52 am

I just switch back to Garmin and I notice that when I travel on the viaduct or certain expressway, I do encounter alert on the traffic light alert which is suppose to be below the viaduct or expressway. This is very irritating which it never happen before.

Anyone can tell me whether such issue can be iron out? How to do it? :-?
Currently Using : Garmin NUVI 3560LM with Live Traffic FM Receiver

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Re: Traffic Light Alert on Viaduct or Expressway - Irritatin

Postby JasonLee » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:41 am

carlover wrote:I just switch back to Garmin and I notice that when I travel on the viaduct or certain expressway, I do encounter alert on the traffic light alert which is suppose to be below the viaduct or expressway. This is very irritating which it never happen before.

Anyone can tell me whether such issue can be iron out? How to do it? :-?

Custom POI alerts can be deactivated but since the method is different for different Nuvis, it will help if you tell us what model of Nuvi are you using.
Lean not on your own understanding

carlover

Postby carlover » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:08 pm

I am using NUVI 3560LM as per stated in my signature.

Beside deactivating the POI, is there any way to program the POI to prevent the alert from activating on viaduct or highway?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

carlover

Postby carlover » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:54 am

Can the compiler for the traffic light and speed alert provide the files and data so that I can compile myself?

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:05 pm

carlover wrote:I am using NUVI 3560LM as per stated in my signature.

Beside deactivating the POI, is there any way to program the POI to prevent the alert from activating on viaduct or highway?

Yes, it is possible but not with cgpsMapper compiled maps. You need to do 3D mapping but currently our maps are only 2D.

carlover

Postby carlover » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:47 pm

JasonLee wrote:

Yes, it is possible but not with cgpsMapper compiled maps. You need to do 3D mapping but currently our maps are only 2D.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what is the issue. Can we do the compiling for the different POI and submit to the one compiling the map?

JasonLee
Regional Mapper

Postby JasonLee » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:51 pm

carlover wrote:
JasonLee wrote:

Sorry, I don't quite understand what is the issue. Can we do the compiling for the different POI and submit to the one compiling the map?

You have a flyover which may be 10m above the road at the bottom and the alert is for the road at the bottom. How would the GPS know if you are using the road that is 10m above the lower road that has the traffic light and hence the alert? Unless we map in 3D and assign the flyover to a height of say 10m, everything will be on the same level (2D). Has any contributor ever told us that the flyover is how high above the lower road? They have not and we never asked because we are mapping in 2D. Hope you can understand now.

carlover

Postby carlover » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:10 am

JasonLee wrote:You have a flyover which may be 10m above the road at the bottom and the alert is for the road at the bottom. How would the GPS know if you are using the road that is 10m above the lower road that has the traffic light and hence the alert? Unless we map in 3D and assign the flyover to a height of say 10m, everything will be on the same level (2D). Has any contributor ever told us that the flyover is how high above the lower road? They have not and we never asked because we are mapping in 2D. Hope you can understand now.

I see but it is sad to know the limitation in Garmin Mapping. I don't have such problem of the alerts in Galactio Map in my previous Holux GPS as there will not be any traffic light alert on the ground when you are travelling on the highway above it.

Return to “Singapore Map Feedback”