Inaccuracy in Fullerton area

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Singapore. Mapper: OngCC

Moderators: Chuah, Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
psionix

Inaccuracy in Fullerton area

Postby psionix » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Dear all,

Just wanna check if you guys have the same issue as me.

Whenever I am around Rafflescity, Chijmes, Fullerton area, my Garmin will become very inaccurate.

My car icon will spin round and round and my location will keep jumping about, sometimes to adjacent roads, sometimes in the water and sometimes on top of buildings.

Does this happen to anyone else as well or its my unit faulty?

Garmin Nuvi 1370
GPS is placed near the top of car windscreen.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Inaccuracy in Fullerton area

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:01 am

psionix wrote:Dear all,

Just wanna check if you guys have the same issue as me.

Whenever I am around Rafflescity, Chijmes, Fullerton area, my Garmin will become very inaccurate.

My car icon will spin round and round and my location will keep jumping about, sometimes to adjacent roads, sometimes in the water and sometimes on top of buildings.

Does this happen to anyone else as well or its my unit faulty?

Garmin Nuvi 1370
GPS is placed near the top of car windscreen.

Looks like a case of weak satellite signals. Do you have heat film line sun-x on your windscreen? This will attenuate the satellite radio signals and in urban areas with many tall buildings, such as your case in CBD area, will even cause a drastic reduction in signals

psionix

Postby psionix » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks for the reply SB. I think I will try relocating my unit to a lower position.

Right now its at the Sunshade area (top part of the windscreen) And yes I do have solarfilm as well.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:31 pm

psionix wrote:Thanks for the reply SB. I think I will try relocating my unit to a lower position.

Right now its at the Sunshade area (top part of the windscreen) And yes I do have solarfilm as well.

Suggest you find an ideal location and cut a small square slot for satellite signal to get to your Nuvi :-'

Return to “Singapore Map Feedback”