Garmin GPS model 1300T

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Melaka. Mapper: Sunn

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
isim

Garmin GPS model 1300T

Postby isim » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:20 pm

I had just purchase a Garmin GPS model 1300T from the USA. My friend had help me to download the Singapore freemap from "http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewforum.php?f=46". It works but with some limitation. I can't do a seach by the postal code and the map display is not so detail with the HDB block number. Furthermore you had to key in the full street name like TAMPINES. You can't just key "Tam" and do do a serach.

Do you folks having the same problems as me. My GPS is always asking for the street no. or address but not postal code.

Can someone advise how can I change the search to postal code?? It is possible to just key the short name eg. "TAMP" and do a serach rather than keying in the full street name eg. TAMPINES?? And how to made the map to display with more details map with the HDB block numbers???

Pls help. :frus: :frus:

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin GPS model 1300T

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:05 pm

isim wrote:I had just purchase a Garmin GPS model 1300T from the USA. My friend had help me to download the Singapore freemap from "http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewforum.php?f=46". It works but with some limitation. I can't do a seach by the postal code and the map display is not so detail with the HDB block number. Furthermore you had to key in the full street name like TAMPINES. You can't just key "Tam" and do do a serach.

Do you folks having the same problems as me. My GPS is always asking for the street no. or address but not postal code.

Can someone advise how can I change the search to postal code?? It is possible to just key the short name eg. "TAMP" and do a serach rather than keying in the full street name eg. TAMPINES?? And how to made the map to display with more details map with the HDB block numbers???

Pls help. :frus: :frus:

Malfreemaps uses a third party compiler to generate the maps. Thus the Postal Code search function differs from the Garmin produced commercial map.

MFM Postal code database is an on-going project. It is not complete and supplied as-is-available.
To search for Postal Code : MainMenu - Whereto - Address - Change Country ( Singapore ) SearchALL - EnterHouseNumber (any number ) - EnterStreet ( Enter PostalCode )

SLA Singapore has a near perfect database of postal codes for Singapore POI. You can buy this package from EastGear for Nuvis

http://www.eastgear.com/sla-garmin-map- ... vices.html

Newer generation Nuvis restricts the display of POI thus only way to see POI is to touch screen once ( exit navigation )

Return to “Melaka Map Feedback”