EDL

Tracklog, POI and error feedback for Johor. Mapper: Robo & Gerkeng

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. This forum is strictly for feedback to our maps
3. NO posting of data copied from other source especially malsingmaps
4. NO abuse, profanity and insults
5. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
johnphang
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 am

EDL

Postby johnphang » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Can someone post the map of EDL? Many thanks.

User avatar
tympg
Senior Mapper
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:01 am
Location: Penang

Re: EDL

Postby tympg » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:39 pm

It's already in our map, by the way. Between CIQ and E2.

From EDL.com.my website:
http://www.edl.com.my/images/map.gif
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

johnphang
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 am

Re: EDL

Postby johnphang » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:07 am

tympg wrote:It's already in our map, by the way. Between CIQ and E2.

From EDL.com.my website:
http://www.edl.com.my/images/map.gif


Thanks but I can't find it in my my garmin 1240. It shows vacant lands on both sides. The EDL from Permas Jaya to Masai is also not found. Appreciate if you could point me to the link.

Regards

John

User avatar
yaulim88
Valued Contributor
Posts: 916
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: Johor Bahru

Re: EDL

Postby yaulim88 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:33 am

johnphang wrote:
tympg wrote:It's already in our map, by the way. Between CIQ and E2.

From EDL.com.my website:
http://www.edl.com.my/images/map.gif


Thanks but I can't find it in my my garmin 1240. It shows vacant lands on both sides. The EDL from Permas Jaya to Masai is also not found. Appreciate if you could point me to the link.

Regards

John

Please update your map from below:

http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/
http://www.muarchunghwaosa.org/00-CHJB/jb2010cav.htm

Nuvi205 Nuvi57LM
GPSmap 60CSx
Nuvi1460

johnphang
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 am

Re: EDL

Postby johnphang » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:42 pm

yaulim88 wrote:
johnphang wrote:
tympg wrote:It's already in our map, by the way. Between CIQ and E2.

From EDL.com.my website:
http://www.edl.com.my/images/map.gif


Thanks but I can't find it in my my garmin 1240. It shows vacant lands on both sides. The EDL from Permas Jaya to Masai is also not found. Appreciate if you could point me to the link.

Regards

John

Please update your map from below:

http://www.garmin.com.sg/mapupdate/




Thanks for the useful link. My Garmin 1250 has been left in the car untouched for a few years and I have almost forgotten all about it. Greatly appreciate.

Regards

John

johnphang
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 am

Re: EDL

Postby johnphang » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks. The EDL finally show up on my NUV1250. But I got a problem. Anybody uses NUV1250 out there?

The icons of POI doesn't show up. Example major buildings, petrol stations, schools ect

Is it a known fact that the icons for POI does not work for Nuvi 1250? My old Nuvi 205 works well and shows all POI. Appreciate if someone could help. Many thanks.

User avatar
eddy_duyung
Contributor
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 am
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: EDL

Postby eddy_duyung » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Mr John..i think you can try zooming to 80mtr in this newest Garmin unit to see the POI,
Newest Garmin unit is function like this...do not compare to old Nuvi 205W / 255W...
Garmin has set it to be like this for their own reason..
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

johnphang
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 am

Re: EDL

Postby johnphang » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:16 pm

eddy_duyung wrote:Mr John..i think you can try zooming to 80mtr in this newest Garmin unit to see the POI,
Newest Garmin unit is function like this...do not compare to old Nuvi 205W / 255W...
Garmin has set it to be like this for their own reason..


Hi eddy,

The POI icons in my Nuvi 1250 doesn't show up no matter how I zoom in and out which I think it shouldn't function that way as compared to it's predecessor.

User avatar
eddy_duyung
Contributor
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 am
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: EDL

Postby eddy_duyung » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:59 am

Mr John,you can try this method like i usually use for my Nuvi 2465

FIRST : Do a backup of whole file in your Garmin Nuvi included in the hidden file.

1. Uninstall / delete the map that you just transfered / install by using a mapsources before ( this need some knowledge where the previous map installed )
2. Run again a program of MFM map ( re-install again an MFM map etc MFM 131021 )
3. At the step ( Select mapsources display option ) pick / choose Customs Polygon & POI ( for uploading to Nuvis/Stretpilot/Mobile XT )
4. Click Next
5. Pay Attention where does the map location will installed
6. Do you wish to create " gmapsupp " ? - YES
7. Thick all map options ,for options no # 4, its belong to you,for me i didnt thick it..coz i didnt understand chinese
8. Map display options - ( custom polygon N POI )
9. Generate Maps ( proceed to generate maps with above option ? ) - YES
10. wait till cmd prompt windows finish / done
11.MFM gmapsupp has being created,do you wish to copy it to your GPS devices ? its depend to you, YES or NO.
12. If you choose NO,you can manually add the Map by looking the Map file in the directory like i mention you in step # 05 above,
or in its default location C/Garmin/Malfreemaps
13.Find the map file with title " gmapsupp " ,and transfer it manually to your devices.
14.Nuvi 2465 recognise map file with any name if you create a folder name " Map " in its root , strictly " Map " not " Maps " in its internal memory ( Dont ask me how to put map in SD card,i dont have SD card in all my GPS unit. )
15. If this success,check at your GPS unit setting,in Map options,there will be 3 file for MFM maps thats can be select / deselect with name
- MFM-Garmin 131021
- Mfm Poi 131021
- Mfm Poi 131021
16.you must select / thick the box all 3 of this MFM file to make it useable,and this also indicate that you has successfull install MFM custom map.
17. Note,this MFM map doesnt have JV functions,but it will covered up to Thailand,SG,Brunei and some Topo Map for Mys.

Hope this will help you, TQVM n Regards and happy navigating with MFM.
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

johnphang
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 am

Re: EDL

Postby johnphang » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:38 pm

eddy_duyung wrote:Mr John,you can try this method like i usually use for my Nuvi 2465

FIRST : Do a backup of whole file in your Garmin Nuvi included in the hidden file.

1. Uninstall / delete the map that you just transfered / install by using a mapsources before ( this need some knowledge where the previous map installed )
2. Run again a program of MFM map ( re-install again an MFM map etc MFM 131021 )
3. At the step ( Select mapsources display option ) pick / choose Customs Polygon & POI ( for uploading to Nuvis/Stretpilot/Mobile XT )
4. Click Next
5. Pay Attention where does the map location will installed
6. Do you wish to create " gmapsupp " ? - YES
7. Thick all map options ,for options no # 4, its belong to you,for me i didnt thick it..coz i didnt understand chinese
8. Map display options - ( custom polygon N POI )
9. Generate Maps ( proceed to generate maps with above option ? ) - YES
10. wait till cmd prompt windows finish / done
11.MFM gmapsupp has being created,do you wish to copy it to your GPS devices ? its depend to you, YES or NO.
12. If you choose NO,you can manually add the Map by looking the Map file in the directory like i mention you in step # 05 above,
or in its default location C/Garmin/Malfreemaps
13.Find the map file with title " gmapsupp " ,and transfer it manually to your devices.
14.Nuvi 2465 recognise map file with any name if you create a folder name " Map " in its root , strictly " Map " not " Maps " in its internal memory ( Dont ask me how to put map in SD card,i dont have SD card in all my GPS unit. )
15. If this success,check at your GPS unit setting,in Map options,there will be 3 file for MFM maps thats can be select / deselect with name
- MFM-Garmin 131021
- Mfm Poi 131021
- Mfm Poi 131021
16.you must select / thick the box all 3 of this MFM file to make it useable,and this also indicate that you has successfull install MFM custom map.
17. Note,this MFM map doesnt have JV functions,but it will covered up to Thailand,SG,Brunei and some Topo Map for Mys.

Hope this will help you, TQVM n Regards and happy navigating with MFM.


Hi eddy,

I found out where it has gone wrong. On my Nuvi 1250, I should set the map settings to MFM & MSM and not the other one. So now it's showing all the POI icons on my NUVI 1250. Thanks for your detailed reply. Appreciate it.

Regards

John


Return to “Johor Map Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests