How to search for Addresses and Cities?

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
kelyo

Re: How to search for Addresses and Cities?

Postby kelyo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:33 am

dvpro wrote:Have you tried the above suggestions? BTW, which map are you using?

i using this map from , download from here http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=893

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:47 am

Have you read this topic from the start?
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

kelyo

Postby kelyo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:12 pm

dvpro wrote:Have you read this topic from the start?

bro~~i read many times,my problem still cannot solved.only can use poi spellname search,really cannot using address search.....please add me in msn bro..thank you.. kelyo2k@hotmail.com

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:02 pm

What kind of error message did you get when trying to search via Address? Also how did you generate the map and how did you install it in GMXT?

kelyo wrote:please add me in msn bro..thank you.. kelyo2k@hotmail.com

Sorry, I don't do instant messaging.

kelyo

Postby kelyo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:01 pm

dvpro wrote:What kind of error message did you get when trying to search via Address? Also how did you generate the map and how did you install it in GMXT?

kelyo wrote:please add me in msn bro..thank you.. kelyo2k@hotmail.com

Sorry, I don't do instant messaging.

no error messege when search. only show "not found".. i download from malfreemap and run exe file select for gmxt ,after generate copy img file to sdcard garmin folder.bro,i can search in POI - spellname there...i only cannot search in where to-address....thanks for help

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:08 pm

If you've got "Not Found", so the Address is probably working after all. Which address are trying to search anyway? Also try not specify city (Spell City) when searching, instead just select "Search all cities".

kelyo

Postby kelyo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:26 pm

dvpro wrote:If you've got "Not Found", so the Address is probably working after all. Which address are trying to search anyway? Also try not specify city (Spell City) when searching, instead just select "Search all cities".

yes i did select all cities,i try search "jalan mawar 14" use address search no result,if using POI spell name got result.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:33 pm

You try first using this ready-to-use GMAPSUPP.IMG: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjo155nkn ... 1_Lite.zip And make sure only that map is installed.

kelyo

Postby kelyo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:02 am

dvpro wrote:You try first using this ready-to-use GMAPSUPP.IMG: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjo155nkn ... 1_Lite.zip And make sure only that map is installed.

thanks bor my problem solved !!not map problem ..cause i download indonesia map to my sdcard,after removed second map,the address search work now..hahahha...thank you !!!

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:58 am

personally what u key in while searching for street names as well as POI much depends on how the mappers describe them. but of course with some key words, the results will come out faster
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

Return to “Newbie Lounge”