Converting garmin format file from autocad file

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Re: Converting garmin format file from autocad file

Postby fauzee » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:57 pm

First of all..thanks for your effort to draw your campus track in Autocad..everyday i'm working with autocad..even using the latest autocad..and i still didn't found any ideas to convert .DWG to GPX/GDB/KML/MP...and my question is how you draw the maps..follow your instinct..or using something tool that can draw the maps follow by coordinates..as i know..we draw the polyline usually by using 1 sec tracklog on GPS devices,trace on Google Earth,Mapedit,Mapsource...and etc..but autocad still not on the list..after draw the polyline..and then sent it to mapper for compiling in .IMG format..just easy way to do.. :thumbsup: :welcome: :welcome: :tq: :good:
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

kopikaukau

Postby kopikaukau » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:45 am

fauzee wrote:First of all..thanks for your effort to draw your campus track in Autocad..everyday i'm working with autocad..even using the latest autocad..and i still didn't found any ideas to convert .DWG to GPX/GDB/KML/MP...and my question is how you draw the maps..follow your instinct..or using something tool that can draw the maps follow by coordinates..as i know..we draw the polyline usually by using 1 sec tracklog on GPS devices,trace on Google Earth,Mapedit,Mapsource...and etc..but autocad still not on the list..after draw the polyline..and then sent it to mapper for compiling in .IMG format..just easy way to do.. :thumbsup: :welcome: :welcome: :tq: :good:

i don't really know actually about the map format but i do some readings that i need to convert the autocad data which is in .DWG into .GPX which is garmin compatible..and i use Global Mapper 10. but i stuck until there,don't have the idea on how to use the .GPX data with mapsource because i want to add POI around my campus. here's the link if u want to try.

http://xxx

:peace: :peace:
Last edited by dvpro on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links edited, no sharing of copyrighted content.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:06 am

kopikaukau wrote:but i stuck until there,don't have the idea on how to use the .GPX data with mapsource because i want to add POI around my campus. here's the link if u want to try.

I thought I'd already answered that. Maybe you should share the GPX instead.
dvpro wrote:Yes, GPX can then be converted to polyline/point in GPSMapEdit and finally compiled as Garmin IMG format via cGPSmapper.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

aikliang
Contributor

Postby aikliang » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:34 am

fruitplus wrote:
aikliang wrote:
fruitplus wrote:If he based in UTM, he can meet me & fauzee mah... :mrgreen:

Bro Kopi, I suggest you pm Bro Fruitplus and Bro Fauzee to guide you on your project. Their knowledge is much better than mine.

Bro aikliang, bro kopikaukau have send me pm..
Later we talk how to help him.
Sharing is Caring :thumbsup:
BTW, where you stay in Kulai bro aikliang??

Taman gemilang
It is not the mountain that we conquer but ourselves - Edmund Hilary

kopikaukau

Postby kopikaukau » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:02 pm

fruitplus wrote:
aikliang wrote:Taman gemilang

Ouh... :thumbsup:

got new mwmber la bro fruitplus..can have a chat together.
:mrgreen: \:D/

Return to “Newbie Lounge”