Nuvi 200 voice routing problem

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
reddevil04

Nuvi 200 voice routing problem

Postby reddevil04 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:50 pm

Hello to all sifus,

I have a voice routing issue on my Nuvi 200. Recently, I notice that the voice routing will have metres and kilometres to indicate
a distance.

eg: "continue to drive 2.6 metres kilometres"

What could be the problem? I have reset the unit, reload maps and POI but I still get the same thing. Appreciate your input and help.

Thanks

dvpro

Re: Nuvi 200 routing problem

Postby dvpro » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Have you tried executing "Clearing User Data" procedure (pls read Page 27 of the user manual)?
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

reddevil04

Postby reddevil04 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:12 pm

dvpro wrote:Have you tried executing "Clearing User Data" procedure (pls read Page 27 of the user manual)?

Hey dypro.....thanks for this tip. Will try and update if it'll work. Thanks again.

reddevil04

Postby reddevil04 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Hey drypo,

Tried your suggestions but still the same....problem still exist.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:37 pm

It seems like you're using an incompatible voice file then. Did you recently use the Webupdater for updates, or manually update the voice files?

reddevil04

Postby reddevil04 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:11 am

Hi again dypro,

Nope, have update any files from Garmin website. The unit is as it is since day one. Previously, it was OK. I even copied the maps and voice
files from my GMXT files over and used it but when I used it to route to a POI, the voice navigation always say metres then followed by kilometres. Do you think if I bring this unit to a Garmin dealer and have them take a look would help?

Thanks

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:38 pm

reddevil04 wrote:Previously, it was OK. I even copied the maps and voice
files from my GMXT files over and used it but when I used it to route to a POI, the voice navigation always say metres then followed by kilometres.

Most likely you're using an incompatible audio file. Is your Nuvi localized unit, if yes and you used voice file from GMXT, you're bound to encounter that sort of issue. If yours is a localized Nuvi, try these voice files and see whether that solves your problem: http://www.sendspace.com/file/by2p5j (remove all voice files and back it up somewhere and place all these voice files within \Voice folder)

reddevil04

Postby reddevil04 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Hey dvpro,

Thanks again. You have been great so far even though the problems still exist. Anyway, will try out this voice file
from you and update again.

Cheers :thumbsup:

reddevil04

Postby reddevil04 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Hello dvpro...

Problem solved. You are spot on to identify the problem. It was indeed the Voice files that I have in my Nuvi.
After updating it with your version, everything back to normal.

:tq: Thank you so much for your kind assistance. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by dvpro on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You're welcome.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”