Using GPS cost money?

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
wwloon
Valued Contributor

Re: Using GPS cost money?

Postby wwloon » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:19 pm

indrapr wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:For AGPS ( Assisted GPS ), yes it cost airtime for data charges

Btw, bro silverbeauty, do you know how do we know whether our phones have the assisted GPS feature? How to enable/disable the AGPS feature from Garmin Mobile XT? I can't seem to find the option.

On ur Nokia handset, go to Tools > Connect. folder > GPS data. Select Options > Positioning settings. You'll be able to turn on/off Assisted GPS from there.

alaric83

Postby alaric83 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi guys

Im new to this forum and new to GPS tehcnology as well. Just got a Samsung SGH-G810 mobile phone and was informed that my phone supports GPS.

A friend of mine gave a the Garmin XT cd to install on my mobile phone. Gonna try it out today.

Was wondering whether anyone would be able to assist me with the installation process. My phone is on the Symbian S60 3rd edition.

Thanks and have a great week ahead

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:41 pm

alaric83 wrote:Hi guys

Im new to this forum and new to GPS tehcnology as well. Just got a Samsung SGH-G810 mobile phone and was informed that my phone supports GPS.

A friend of mine gave a the Garmin XT cd to install on my mobile phone. Gonna try it out today.

Was wondering whether anyone would be able to assist me with the installation process. My phone is on the Symbian S60 3rd edition.

Garmin Mobile XT is available only in uSD which plugs and play in phone. Please buy it.

tresca

Postby tresca » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:16 pm

alaric83 wrote:Hi guys

Please do not double post.
You can use the search topic at the left bottom box to find it by keyword
you can buy your key from the garmin website

idan_estee

Postby idan_estee » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Im using an E71, does that have an atlas chip?

ajay

Postby ajay » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:29 pm

idan_estee wrote:Im using an E71, does that have an atlas chip?

i've never heard of atlas chip before. if u mean internal gps receiver, then yes.
from Garmin Que for Pocket PC to Garmin Mobile XT for Windows Mobile to Nuvi 205W to Papago M9 for Android & now Garmin Nuvi 2576.

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Check this out:
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e71-2425.php

Nokia E71 using aGPS #-o
u must buy external Bloeetooth GPS to using "real" GPS.. :finga:
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

idan_estee

Postby idan_estee » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Ah thanks! that really answers all of my questions! Any phones have built in GPS without having to use A-GPS?

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Inggo wrote:Nokia E71 using aGPS #-o
u must buy external Bloeetooth GPS to using "real" GPS.. :finga:

idan_estee wrote:Ah thanks! that really answers all of my questions! Any phones have built in GPS without having to use A-GPS?

E71 already have GPS receiver built-in, no need to pair with BT GPS receiver, and the A-GPS feature can be disabled if you wish so.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:05 pm

ajay wrote:

i've never heard of atlas chip before. if u mean internal gps receiver, then yes.

Atlas Navigation Processoror Chips is using in embeded GPS devices such Garmin, Papago, Magellan, Tomtom,etc and most of OEM GPS device using SiRF atlas version III navigation chips.
The Latest Atlas chips is version 4.

* E71 using a-GPS, its mean using Operator Base Station wave signal (GPRS,EDG,HSDPA/3G).
* Atlas chip using "real" GPS satellite signal..

Almost 3G handphone using this a-GPS feature, such my SE G502 using a-GPS too.. #-o
some PDA handphone using Atlas Chips, but a lot of using a-GPS only...

rgds,
Inggo
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

Return to “Newbie Lounge”