The official newbie's "Hello" topic

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
abe88

Re: The official newbie's "Hello" topic

Postby abe88 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Greetings to all seniors..My name is Fizi from Gua Musang Kelantan and YESSS I am a no0b here. I hope I can learn lotsa new things and also make new friends. Cheers :thumbsup:

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:39 pm

hubertaustin wrote:Hello. I'm also new here and looking forward to participate which i generally dont do :)

All Bros :welcome: ,

Whether or not you participate, it is not compulsory though we would love that you do so. Most important thing is to feel that you belong.
Lean not on your own understanding

smallmonk

Postby smallmonk » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Hello, I am new here.

I am from JB. Wish that I could contribute sth to this community.

sclow1105

Postby sclow1105 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:15 am

Hi, I'm new here. Staying in KL. I have browse through some of the topics and still getting use to it. I have a question here, I'm using Mac and the map is only available in .exe format which Mac doesn't support. Is there anyway I can get around it to install the map & software? Thanks.

ahcum

MFM for shinco gm-3512

Postby ahcum » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:12 pm

I have a shinco gps. Is there anyway I can use this mfm? Thanks.
Think it comes with sla n mapking but no more updates long time ago.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: MFM for shinco gm-3512

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:17 pm

ahcum wrote:I have a shinco gps. Is there anyway I can use this mfm? Thanks.

Sorry we do not support MapKing format which is what Shinco uses.
Suggest you contact Shinco for support or retire your GPS and go buy a Garmin :mrgreen:

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: MFM for shinco gm-3512

Postby eddy_duyung » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:11 pm

silverbeauty wrote:
ahcum wrote:I have a shinco gps. Is there anyway I can use this mfm? Thanks.

Sorry we do not support MapKing format which is what Shinco uses.
Suggest you contact Shinco for support or retire your GPS and go buy a Garmin :mrgreen:

I choose buy a new Garmin unit..he he..
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

Akhaltek

Postby Akhaltek » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:13 am

Hi all
Got stuck with a new purchase... Asking my friend where I can get help and he pointed me here. Initially I thought was a free download and glad to learn that this is a group of enthusiasts getting things done and making them right! :thumbsup:

Was using zumo 660 and thought it was crap... Sold that away... Been using my iPhone with Sygic maps and thought that was the best thing every happen since bread! Haha... Until I flooded my iPhone!

When online and started looking for a weather GPS and got this Chinavasion Rage GPS... And got myself another piece of crap! Hahaha... The tech support never reply and the customer support says it's not their problem... And now I know why it's call a Rage! :fire:

Posted my queries earlier and hopefully some Sifu here can pull me out of this crap! :prayer:

Best regards
Akhaltek

mzamonster

Postby mzamonster » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi all..

just bought nuvi 2567lm yesterday..
come wandering because not satisfied with the map details installed in the unit ( which is the latest map from malfree)
sad to see there no kampung road at all on the map where as google map can show the roads
so I come here to see what I can help with the map

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:28 pm

mzamonster wrote:Hi all..

just bought nuvi 2567lm yesterday..
come wandering because not satisfied with the map details installed in the unit ( which is the latest map from malfree)

sad to see there no kampung road at all on the map where as google map can show the roads
Answer- I cannot accept this,because as i know,my hometown village road in MFM is more detailed than Google Map,there is highlight of unpaved road which doesnt included in google map.

example :
1.)
5.419661,101.15128 ( google map )
N5 25.359 E101 09.182 ( MFM 131202 )

2.29377,102.577922 ( google map )
N2 17.544 E102 34.712 ( MFM 131202 )

Please compare this,

so I come here to see what I can help with the map

So how this happen? because i'm taking a part to tracked my home town road which is never exist before,now i'm happy to check my hometown in MFM map,so you can start tracking and contribute your track log to MFM,since MFM gave big support to Garmin user.And Google map do nothing to Garmin user,because of this MFM community,Garmin also surrender to keep sell their map and lastly offer the LM unit to My/Sg Garmin end user,and finally use MFM map as their official map.I hope you can keep support MFM community to produce a free map.Without MFM ,i dont think we can have our privilege like we had like now since other biggest country from us still suffering to have a free map because garmin dont have competitor there so they monopoly the map market price.TQVM
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

Return to “Newbie Lounge”