Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
User avatar
alyem
Regional Mapper
Posts: 2139
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:23 pm
Location: K. Lumpur (Nuvi 710, Legend Hcx) and Oregon 300

Re: Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

Postby alyem » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:35 pm

One of them are POI file
73, 9w2yyl
You need the MAP, We need your TRACK

AZs
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Re: Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

Postby AZs » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi,2575LM newbie here...need help...my navigation doesn't say street name (language with say street name selected) or display junction view.HOWEVER..all this existed during simulation but not during actual navigation...
i tried to search for my JCV file but not able to locate..
Appreaciate all help... :ko:

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm

AZs wrote:Hi,2575LM newbie here...need help...my navigation doesn't say street name (language with say street name selected) or display junction view.HOWEVER..all this existed during simulation but not during actual navigation...
i tried to search for my JCV file but not able to locate..
Appreaciate all help... :ko:


You can start off by telling us what map are you using and are you selecting only one map ?

Did you buy your unit locally in Malaysia/ Singapore ?

AZs
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Re: Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

Postby AZs » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi silverbeauty,my set frm SG n comes with pre load Malsing 2011.40 n NT 2011.40 n other countries..
initially theres street names but after i download MFM 120326..it disappeared...
is there a settings i accidentally meddle with?

Thks for your help...

AZs
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Re: Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

Postby AZs » Thu May 03, 2012 8:12 pm

AZs wrote:Hi silverbeauty,my set frm SG n comes with pre load Malsing 2011.40 n NT 2011.40 n other countries..
initially theres street names but after i download MFM 120326..it disappeared...
is there a settings i accidentally meddle with?

Thks for your help...



Thks forumers...i did a default reset..n its back to normal...now..dunno wat i meddle wif.. :lol:

maxximuz
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

Postby maxximuz » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:28 am

Hi, I have a problem where after I copy the gmapsupp.img file into the .system folder (Nuvi 1350), I still can't see the latest maps which is dated 20120917?

I can only see one maps available which is the one come together with the device - Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2011.40

Shd I copy the gmapsupp.img file to .system folder? or /Garmin folder?

Pls help

thank you

chinwy
Regional Mapper
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Kuantan, Pahang

Re: Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

Postby chinwy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:54 am

It is safer not to copy anything into the GPS unit or face the probability of getting your unit bricked!

The files have to be copied into the /GARMIN folder. IF you are using a SD card, you will have to create this subfolder first.

Upon complete, Start up your GPS and select the map. Remember you can only have one map active at one time or you can get some strange results.

maxximuz
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

Postby maxximuz » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Earlier I copy to the device directly, tried at /Garmin and also /.System both doesn't work.

Luckily so far still working fine.

thanks, will try on SD card then.

maxximuz
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

Postby maxximuz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:50 pm

managed to load the latest MFM map into my 1350 with external micro-SD card, where I copy the MFM map in /Garmin folder in the micro-SD card.

and it works fine, except that when I select the MFM map, all my lane assist function doesn't work anymore. but when I select the original map file, it works fine.

in my micros-SD card, only one sub-folder created - Garmin ; and only one file I copy into that folder - gmapsupp.img


anyone can help to advice what I did wrongly?

thank you

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Understand the files and folders within your Nuvi

Postby silverbeauty » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:59 pm

maxximuz wrote:managed to load the latest MFM map into my 1350 with external micro-SD card, where I copy the MFM map in /Garmin folder in the micro-SD card.

and it works fine, except that when I select the MFM map, all my lane assist function doesn't work anymore. but when I select the original map file, it works fine.

in my micros-SD card, only one sub-folder created - Garmin ; and only one file I copy into that folder - gmapsupp.img


anyone can help to advice what I did wrongly?

thank you



MFM weekly updated CGS Mapper version map does not have Lane Assist nor does it have JCV
Link: viewtopic.php?p=123970#p123970
This version works with any Garmin units

MFM-Garmin compiled quartely version is the one that has the Lane Assist and JCV
Link: viewtopic.php?p=123970#p123970
This version Lane Assist and JCV only works with localized Garmin units


Return to “Newbie Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests