Tips for first time Nuvi users

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
zuree
Valued Contributor

Re: Tips for first time Nuvi users

Postby zuree » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:48 pm

muhd_izzaaz wrote:dear bros, its been a while since i updated my map. which file am i supposed to download? the rar or the exe.. also is there any kind soul out there in singapore who's kind enough to give a face 2 face tutorial? or is there a group meetup? thanks in advanve

welcome bro,

you can start your self learning here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1443

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:06 pm

muhd_izzaaz wrote:dear bros, its been a while since i updated my map. which file am i supposed to download? the rar or the exe.. also is there any kind soul out there in singapore who's kind enough to give a face 2 face tutorial? or is there a group meetup? thanks in advanve

Bro muhd_izzaaz, your wish is granted ... Coming Group meet in Singapore ...

Sg 2010 Year End GG at Botak Jones @TP, 28th Nov (11am)

Link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9228

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:15 pm

muhd_izzaaz wrote:dear bros, its been a while since i updated my map. which file am i supposed to download? the rar or the exe..

If you are able to download the EXE, then go ahead. Otherwise download the RAR and extract the EXE out.

muhd_izzaaz wrote:also is there any kind soul out there in singapore who's kind enough to give a face 2 face tutorial? or is there a group meetup? thanks in advanve

In the meantime, read this: MFM-Garmin Installation Step by Step Guide FYI, if you need to just install map for device, you do not need to install Mapsource, and just follow the steps until "Creating MFM-Garmin map using MFM Garmin Map Generator".
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

kazauser

Postby kazauser » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:00 pm

i've used 285wt, 255w and 295w. garmin 255w is the best. 285wt is integrated with bluetooth but i've not used it at all, useless function. 295w with 3mp camera, wifi and mp3 but the screen is 3.55" and no poi icon during driving mode.

alharis299
Champion Polygon Mapper
Champion Polygon Mapper

Postby alharis299 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:07 pm

kazauser wrote:i've used 285wt, 255w and 295w. garmin 255w is the best. 285wt is integrated with bluetooth but i've not used it at all, useless function. 295w with 3mp camera, wifi and mp3 but the screen is 3.55" and no poi icon during driving mode.

Yes, you're right bro

Nuvi 255W is still the best . :champ:

lowcs1

Postby lowcs1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:29 pm

hi, i am new. juz get my Asus A50, can i used the maps from here?

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:39 pm

lowcs1 wrote:hi, i am new. juz get my Asus A50, can i used the maps from here?

if its garmin, why not?
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

lowcs1

Postby lowcs1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:49 pm

gpsnerd wrote:
lowcs1 wrote:hi, i am new. juz get my Asus A50, can i used the maps from here?

if its garmin, why not?

ya. i using garmin original. but my garmin dun have colourful bank, petrol kioks...etc logo.

thanks for reply.

SZaid

Postby SZaid » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi, bought Nuvi 1350 few months back. Register the unit with Garmin website and can download car icons and voices.
Also installed Mapsource on my PC and download latest map. Have not updated maps to my Garmin unit yet as have not bought SD card. Read that its not recommended to touch the map in internal memory as can hang.
Anyway as 1350 comes with junction view and MFM map does not support JCV, I'll be using it for routing on PC.

Now trying to relearn everything again as was not active for a long time. As for 1350, quite satisfied with it. Better than using map on phone or PDA. And much better than some other branded and non-branded GPS in terms of user interface and touch screen.

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:15 am

got Nuvi 295W, buy form someone this week.
actually i'ts came from US and got US map default..

still in testing, running with latest Januari MFM Garmin map.
wifi signal is good but browser is not quite fast, but Ok lah.
camera geotag is running.. want to catch some POI this week to get exercise.. :-)
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

Return to “Newbie Lounge”