Tips for first time Nuvi users

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tympg
Senior Mapper

Re: Tips for first time Nuvi users

Postby tympg » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:04 pm

kumin wrote:pls help help me how to unlock ........it already 5 days to break in mapsource but fail....

Get your unlock code here:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/buymaps.do

P/S: Malfreemaps is not locked.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

cyliong@gmail.com

Postby cyliong@gmail.com » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 pm

hi everyone. i just bought my new nuvi 215w from bangkok and would like to install malaysia map. please advise and thank you.

ktcheok

Postby ktcheok » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi there, can anybody tell me how to send feedback to mfm regarding some of the road changes. e.g. oneway street, U turn, building names etc.

kumin

Postby kumin » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:07 pm

hi everyone,....i'm a new bird try to make a fly high....

Another riddle still disturbing me .....is the file extension such as .img (for map) .gdp is for____, .gpx is for _____, .gpi is for ____, .vpm is for _____, .vup is for ____.

please help me to fill up the blank AND share with me how and to use this kind of extension file. especially where to paste it.

ok there is another problem for my nuvi 1350. downloaded and install the POI (speedtrap) inside my unit. when reach POI, there is nuthing happen to my set. been there; the setting, customize POI, and proximity alert everything is ok, is there any unchecked

danniel

Postby danniel » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:45 pm

My Nuvi1350 preinstalled with Malaysia and Singapore city map, i have install new map and its create gmapsupp.img in internal memory folder \Garmin. the problem is the new map not appear to be working and the Malaysia and Singapore still appear as the default map.

Can any one lead me out of this problem?

Thanks for any.

chee_loong
Contributor

Postby chee_loong » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:06 pm

danniel wrote:My Nuvi1350 preinstalled with Malaysia and Singapore city map, i have install new map and its create gmapsupp.img in internal memory folder \Garmin. the problem is the new map not appear to be working and the Malaysia and Singapore still appear as the default map.

Can any one lead me out of this problem?

Thanks for any.

Hi Danniel,
Please try craete a \Map folder under root and copy gmapsupp.img into this folder. You should able to have additional map select in your nuvi.
Regards,
Chee Loong (Nuvi 1350)

chee_loong
Contributor

Postby chee_loong » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:13 pm

kumin wrote:hi everyone,....i'm a new bird try to make a fly high....

Another riddle still disturbing me .....is the file extension such as .img (for map) .gdp is for____, .gpx is for _____, .gpi is for ____, .vpm is for _____, .vup is for ____.

please help me to fill up the blank AND share with me how and to use this kind of extension file. especially where to paste it.

ok there is another problem for my nuvi 1350. downloaded and install the POI (speedtrap) inside my unit. when reach POI, there is nuthing happen to my set. been there; the setting, customize POI, and proximity alert everything is ok, is there any unchecked

Hi Kumin,
You may read this thread to understand some:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2157&p=35153&hilit=extension+file+vpm#p35153
Regards,
Chee Loong (Nuvi 1350)

chee_loong
Contributor

Postby chee_loong » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:15 pm

cyliong@gmail.com wrote:hi everyone. i just bought my new nuvi 215w from bangkok and would like to install malaysia map. please advise and thank you.

Hi cyliong@gmail.com,
Read this:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=662
Regards,
Chee Loong (Nuvi 1350)

sharp56

Postby sharp56 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:42 am

I just bought a localized Nuvi 1250. It comes with pre-loaded MSM and Garmin CN maps. I installed MFM maps according to the instructions (ticks on business POI, road POI, enable custom icon display and full map display customization). After that I untick MSM and Garmin CN maps. I am able to see shell, petronas logos, etc.

1. How come I can't see the traffic lights?

2. Which speedtraps custom POI is more up to date and better - MSM or MFM?

muhd_izzaaz

Postby muhd_izzaaz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:14 pm

dear bros, its been a while since i updated my map. which file am i supposed to download? the rar or the exe.. also is there any kind soul out there in singapore who's kind enough to give a face 2 face tutorial? or is there a group meetup? thanks in advanve

Return to “Newbie Lounge”