Very glad to have read today's Digital Life and found U!

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ahlian

Very glad to have read today's Digital Life and found U!

Postby ahlian » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Finally, thought it was the end of "free" maps when I last logged into the MSMs!

Anyway, it is history for me:)

Thanks DL! For pointing me to you!

indrapr
Valued Contributor

Re: Very glad to have read today's Digital Life and found U!

Postby indrapr » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:51 pm

I also just read today's Straits Times' Digital Life and "MySGFree maps" is mentioned, among Malsing maps, Jerome Wee maps, Garmin maps and MapKing Maps.

This is the article about MFM:

-----
3 MySGFree maps
http://www.malfreemaps.com
Free

ABOUT six month ago, a spin-off group of enthusiasts came up with free maps that incorporate many of the features found in Jerome Wee's versions. These maps are up-to-the-minute, with the latest version - 1.45 - released on March 9.
-----

:rox:

shpesft

Postby shpesft » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:30 pm

indrapr wrote:I also just read today's Straits Times' Digital Life and "MySGFree maps" is mentioned, among Malsing maps, Jerome Wee maps, Garmin maps and MapKing Maps.

-----
3 MySGFree maps
Free

ABOUT six month ago, a spin-off group of enthusiasts came up with free maps that incorporate many of the features found in Jerome Wee's versions. These maps are up-to-the-minute, with the latest version - 1.45 - released on March 9.
-----

Was very surprised to read the Malfree map comments too... But the reporter not too updated... Latest version alreadi 1.46 :peace:

tuah
Champion Tracker
Champion Tracker

Postby tuah » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:23 pm

shpesft wrote:
indrapr wrote:I also just read today's Straits Times' Digital Life and "MySGFree maps" is mentioned, among Malsing maps, Jerome Wee maps, Garmin maps and MapKing Maps.

-----
3 MySGFree maps
Free

-----

Was very surprised to read the Malfree map comments too... But the reporter not too updated... Latest version alreadi 1.46 :peace:

That shows how fast we are moving. Even the reporter could not cope with it :mrgreen:

eagletay

Postby eagletay » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:26 pm

As usual :rox:
Last edited by eagletay on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SOSweet

Postby SOSweet » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:28 pm

Read the SG/MY map comparison table ? MFM beat the others (especially MxM) hands down. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HEALTHY LIVING :
Eat Less - Salt & Sugar
Do More - Exercise & Good Deeds

ahlian

Postby ahlian » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:55 pm

I am only a newbie, here so don't dare to offend anyone.

But today, downloaded the MFM's map. And loaded it. Was finding 221 Serangoon .....

Unfortunately, this POI did not appear. But it is found easily under MSM.

I don't want to sound rude, ungrateful or anything, but I decided at this moment to continue to use the MSM map (the free 1 Jan 2008's).

Thus, like they say the pie is in the pudding. You may say it is good. But, honestly, I do visit many sites and I cannot afford not to find "easily" especially HDB blocks.

Therefore, honestly, even if it wins hands down - "so what" if a simple thing like 221 Serangoon Ave 4 cannot even appear and worse.. as I scroll further... more and more Malaysian sites come up. While the MSM (outdated) poi's appear even more... local Singapore 221's especially HDB 221's vs MFM's.

I appreciate all the efforts. But, can anyone tell me if I have done anything wrong? Or is there a update particularly for Singapore POI's. This feature is very important feature for me.

Apologies if I offended anyone... this is as frank as I can say. You cannot claim it beats others hands down but what is crucial for me, is totally missing.... (at the moment unfortunately, James still Tak-boleh for me)...

SOSweet wrote:Read the SG/MY map comparison table ? MFM beat the others (especially MxM) hands down. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Last edited by ahlian on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:02 pm

The MFM Sg map is new and do lack behind in POI and coverage. No one here should get angry nor feel bad about it. We started late and has some catching up to do.

We will continue to make it better. You can combine the MSM Sg map with MFM Maps using Gmaptool to get the best of both World... Hope this helps.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

ahlian

Postby ahlian » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Thanks! I don't have the expertise!

Appreciate all the hard work. I understand is new and needs time.

Just that, I am "replying" to James comments that it is BOLEH!. Cannot say BOLEH hands down as yet. So... cannot be so "boastful" if it is still lacking.. since he comes also from the little red dot. For now, I can't use the map with "confidence" as I need to search POI's quickly. And I don't know how to combine - anyway a good map should not need to combine.... Without good POI's a good map is next to nothing.

I know, the review mentioned that the poi's for SGP is still not up-todate! That is why, should not claim Boleh if still Tak-boleh, yet... Apologies -- or Sorry if I offend anyone... If it is good, it is good. No need to advertise that it is better than MSM hands down -- this is in my opinion, not right at the moment to be "boastful".
moeyhc wrote:The MFM Sg map is new and do lack behind in POI and coverage. No one here should get angry nor feel bad about it. We started late and has some catching up to do.

We will continue to make it better. You can combine the MSM Sg map with MFM Maps using Gmaptool to get the best of both World... Hope this helps.
Last edited by ahlian on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singawon
Valued Contributor

Postby singawon » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:20 pm

ahlian wrote:I am only a newbie, here so don't dare to offend anyone.

But today, downloaded the MFM's map. And loaded it. Was finding 221 Serangoon .....

Unfortunately, this POI did not appear. But it is found easily under MSM.
Why not you mark this poi in mapsource and post it here so others will benefit
I don't want to sound rude, ungrateful or anything, but I decided at this moment to continue to use the MSM map (the free 1 Jan 2008's).
This is a free world, you choose what you want, no one can force you.. :mrgreen:
Thus, like they say the pie is in the pudding. You may say it is good. But, honestly, I do visit many sites and I cannot afford not to find "easily" especially HDB blocks.
Learn how to contribute and help us to improve lor

Therefore, honestly, even if it wins hands down - "so what" if a simple thing like 221 Serangoon Ave 4 cannot even appear and worse.. as I scroll further... more and more Malaysian sites come up. While the MSM (outdated) poi's appear even more... local Singapore 221's especially HDB 221's vs MFM's.
Can share what so great about this place

I appreciate all the efforts. But, can anyone tell me if I have done anything wrong? Or is there a update particularly for Singapore POI's. This feature is very important feature for me.
You done nothing wrong, but you want free map, dun expect to be perfect, we still need time to improve. There are weekly update on the map, maybe you try next week update, your 221 serangoon maybe inside.... :mrgreen:

Apologies if I offended anyone... this is as frank as I can say. You cannot claim it beats others hands down but what is crucial for me, is totally missing.... (at the moment unfortunately, James still Tak-boleh for me)...
No one will feel offended cos this is a hobby site, we use our free times to track, collect poi, check for error....etc, so not all are perfect.....you try garmin official map....you faint ah.... :lol:

Hope you are also not offeneded also.... by our outdated map:mrgreen: :peace:
诸恶莫作 众善奉行 自净其意 是诸佛教

Return to “Newbie Lounge”