Newbie - Need help on Singapore Maps

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
holypork

Newbie - Need help on Singapore Maps

Postby holypork » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:19 pm

Hello all,
I'm newbie here. In my last trip to US, my old Garmin went dead on me. So, I bought a new Garmin - Drive 51 LM and use it for my remaining holidays in US. Now, back to SG, I discover that there isn't any SG map installed in my Garmin. I need all the expertise advice. How can I download the SG maps on my Garmin Drive 51 LM.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards/Henry

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Newbie - Need help on Singapore Maps

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Go to our download page. Download the file

Go buy an SD card

Create a directory /garmin

Copy the download file gmapsupp.img into it

On your Germin 51, go to tools / map and ensure it is selected

Enjoy the map

holypork

Re: Newbie - Need help on Singapore Maps

Postby holypork » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:59 pm

@silverbeauty, thanks for your advice...

Another newbie question.... What is the difference between Malfree maps and Garmin City Navigator Map?

Return to “Newbie Lounge”