Copy of Papago X8.5

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Rickjcf

Copy of Papago X8.5

Postby Rickjcf » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:56 am

Hi Newbie here looking for help. Long story. I tried to update my Papago X8.5 micro SD card, I made a copy of the software on the card and saved it on my hard drive before I tried to update the card. Upon updating the software by following the guides it would not work. Upon removing the micro SD card I managed to drop it down inside the dash of my car and cannot find it. I brought a new micro SD card and downloaded the saved copy of the original card onto the new card. When I insert the new card into the Dynavin unit it will not work, it goes through the motions of searching the satellite but no maps appear. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to how to make the nav system work again? Thanks in advance

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Re: Copy of Papago X8.5

Postby tlchuan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:27 pm

the original papago is lock with cards ID.

nothing you can do but to find your old cards #-o

Rickjcf

Re: Copy of Papago X8.5

Postby Rickjcf » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:43 am

Hi Tichuam,

Thanks for your help, I suspected as much that the software is "locked" in order to stop copies being made. I guess I will have to get my car into a garage and have them strip the dash to try to find the card :cry:
Thanks again

Return to “Newbie Lounge”