Unable to perform hard reset on Montana 600

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
fisheye888

Unable to perform hard reset on Montana 600

Postby fisheye888 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:24 pm

I recently updated my Malfree map and use Basecamp to upload the base map to my Montana. The unit is now rendered non-operational and I cannot perform a hard reset as the screen turns off immediately upon turning on. Anyone can advise me what I should do. Thanks

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Re: Unable to perform hard reset on Montana 600

Postby tlchuan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:13 pm

remember to remove the SD card before reset

Garmin Montana 600 Factory Reset

There are a few instances in which it will be necessary to perform a master reset on the Montana, including the following:
Not receiving a satellite signal
Restoring the factory default settings
Not functioning properly

To perform the master reset:
1.Power Montana off
2.Press and hold finger on upper left side of display (can be done in portrait or landscape mode)
3.Power on device
4.Continue holding until the Do you really want to erase all user data? message appears
5.Release finger from upper left side of display
6.Touch Erase

Allow device up to 20 minutes to acquire satellite data with a clear view of sky
The Montana is now reset and ready for use.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”