GPS too old?

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
larlee

GPS too old?

Postby larlee » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:28 am

Hi guys,
Need some advise.
I have a garmin 255w, is it still usable and able to update the maps? Would it be too laggy or slow when missed a turn or recalculate?

I also have a Holux 62S AV but it seems I Galactio website is down or maybe bought over? Then somehow I managed to link it to Morbella or something similar name. Can I still get updates?

Thanks in advance.

cjsunny

Re: GPS too old?

Postby cjsunny » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:12 pm

of course the still have map for us to update. but since i heard is about your garmin version. Please do some update version for your Nuv 255 to lastestversion at the garmin website. the page is for map updating. They are different form each other. i am the owner for nuv 1250. i think mine is older that yours.

thank you :thumbsup:

larlee

Postby larlee » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:51 pm

thanks. base software for 255w is already the latest available dated 2010.
managed to update the map but it seems have problems locking the satellites.

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:47 am

larlee wrote:thanks. base software for 255w is already the latest available dated 2010.
managed to update the map but it seems have problems locking the satellites.

if u have done the garmin updater launcher with the latest updates, try bringing the device to open space or window and let it hook up to satelites.. should all be connected in 5mins, otherwise, on and off device to try again.

u didn't use device for a long time?
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

shfung
Senior Mapper

Postby shfung » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:55 am

larlee wrote:Hi guys,
Need some advise.
I have a garmin 255w, is it still usable and able to update the maps? Would it be too laggy or slow when missed a turn or recalculate?

I also have a Holux 62S AV but it seems I Galactio website is down or maybe bought over? Then somehow I managed to link it to Morbella or something similar name. Can I still get updates?

Thanks in advance.

So great to hear that you have nuvi 255W.

I am still using it without any issue. Battery changed once. Still can locked to Satellite without any problem. Can get 3-Meter Accuracy sometimes. Most of the time is 4-5 Meter. Not bad at all. No lag, can do track logs as what it can do.

Map is still available to download from MFM. Only not available from Garmin Official.

Good luck to you. Try to turn it on at OPEN space and let the satellites to lock as much as possible for certain time (few minutes preferred).

Best regards,
shfung
Kota Kinabalu

Return to “Newbie Lounge”