able to format garmin?

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
fossildj

able to format garmin?

Postby fossildj » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi,
I have just updated to the last MFM on my 2465LM

I got a few question :

1) are we able to format the whole F: or G: and totally empty it inside, then do a "Send to Device" from MapSource?
2) I selected "Singapore", but when I select POI, it list all the places in SG and MY. How do I set to Singapore only if Singapore is selected.
3) Whenever I selected "Singapore", then turn off my GPS, and turn it back on, it changed back to Malaysia.. How do I set Singapore as Default?
4) Inside MapSource, before sending the map to device, I rename the name to "Singapore and Malaysia Map", where does this name goes to? Under Setting -> MyMaps I see the following

Malfreemaps 150525
Malfreemaps 150525
CN SGMY NT
City Navigator

Why I got 2 Malfreemaps..And can I delte CN SGMY NT and City Navigator? If yes how do I delete it.

Thanks in advance. Sorry newbie here

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Re: able to format garmin?

Postby OngCC » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:16 am

How did you install the map? By the installer itself or through Mapsource?
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

fossildj

Postby fossildj » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:02 pm

OngCC wrote:How did you install the map? By the installer itself or through Mapsource?

Hi,

i installed the map via mapsource.. i highlighted the whole area, and select which item i want at the left side..

also, after i installed the map, my junction view gone..

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Postby moeyhc » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:44 am

The map you used should be our CGPSmapper map (MfM original map) and it does not support JCV. Only MfM NT map from Garmin have JCV. Goto garmin.sg - NT 2015.10 map to download the MFM Garmin NT map that support JCV.

Hope this helps.
Common Sense Is Not Common.

fossildj

Postby fossildj » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:28 pm

moeyhc wrote:The map you used should be our CGPSmapper map (MfM original map) and it does not support JCV. Only MfM NT map from Garmin have JCV. Goto garmin.sg - NT 2015.10 map to download the MFM Garmin NT map that support JCV.

Hope this helps.

May I know what is the difference between both maps ?

tlchuan
Polygon Mapper
Location: Subang Jaya (x10 & Oregon 300)Garmin 255w sgmy, 2575RLM, Wayway 5035

Postby tlchuan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:54 pm

fossildj wrote:
moeyhc wrote:The map you used should be our CGPSmapper map (MfM original map) and it does not support JCV. Only MfM NT map from Garmin have JCV. Goto garmin.sg - NT 2015.10 map to download the MFM Garmin NT map that support JCV.

Hope this helps.

CGPSmapper map is official maps from malfreemaps which release on monthly basic

MFM NT Map is from Garmin basically is the same as above but with JCV and release on quarterly basic

fossildj

Postby fossildj » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:14 pm

tlchuan wrote:
fossildj wrote:

Hope this helps.

CGPSmapper map is official maps from malfreemaps which release on monthly basic

MFM NT Map is from Garmin basically is the same as above but with JCV and release on quarterly basic

thank you very much :)

Return to “Newbie Lounge”