Garmin 55LM use in tunnels

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
petrarchan

Garmin 55LM use in tunnels

Postby petrarchan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 pm

I feel that the 55LM signal with the sats is not too good.. after it loses signal, it takes quite long to acquire the signals again.. Sometimes i have to switch off then on it again for the signal to be detected..

how does the gps work while in tunnel? cos the signal will definitely be lost, then how to know how to exit where or to continue your journey?

rajoo

Re: Garmin 55LM use in tunnels

Postby rajoo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:48 pm

heard from the salesman..

the software goes into 'simulation' mode when u enter the tunnel.
it will use the last car speed and calculate the estimated time u exit the
tunnel..
:nutz:

cvincent

Postby cvincent » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:36 pm

petrarchan wrote:I feel that the 55LM signal with the sats is not too good.. after it loses signal, it takes quite long to acquire the signals again.. Sometimes i have to switch off then on it again for the signal to be detected..

how does the gps work while in tunnel? cos the signal will definitely be lost, then how to know how to exit where or to continue your journey?

Normal. Wait for recalculating if exit wrong lane. Study the route before you start your journey.

gpsnerd
Contributor

Postby gpsnerd » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:37 pm

not sure if which model support that.
for me, before heading into tunnel, see where's the exit point ahead
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W

Return to “Newbie Lounge”