CRV HONDA 2.4 (Garmin)

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
luckyforever

CRV HONDA 2.4 (Garmin)

Postby luckyforever » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:54 pm

I just bought a CRV it comes with GPS and Garmin one. I went back for servicing and was told the micro chip cannot be read by our computer and so is the downloading. Only Honda malaysia can do it. The maps is outdated. Anybody with ideas and have done it by themselves ? :prayer:

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: CRV HONDA 2.4 (Garmin)

Postby moeyhc » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:19 pm

If it's a Garmin and you can find the SD card that stores the map you can try to load in our free map to see if it works.

Keep us posted on your finding. You may want to let us know where you are from to see if any members here willing to help you out.... Cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:40 am

luckyforever wrote:I just bought a CRV it comes with GPS and Garmin one. I went back for servicing and was told the micro chip cannot be read by our computer and so is the downloading. Only Honda malaysia can do it. The maps is outdated. Anybody with ideas and have done it by themselves ? :prayer:

Don't know what type of ICE you have in Honda car, there should be a SD card slot and the map file is usually in SD card /garmin with file names gmapprom, gmapsupp ....

You can replace the map file with our map.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:17 am

Before you do anything... please back up all you files. Remember Murphy's Law.... :mrgreen:

luckyforever

Postby luckyforever » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:02 pm

I know where they store the SD card. I tried put our maps into it but cannot read. Have to wait for Honda Malaysia for update. My takes few months for update or years. hope someone have done suscessfully.

moeyhc
Valued Contributor

Postby moeyhc » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Mind to share the content (filename/folder) in the SD card? Strange that Honda's GPS cannot use our free map... If true, this is truly shameful... Honda's owner paid big money for in dash GPS... #-o

chamelion

Postby chamelion » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:50 am

Put in Garmin folder directory instead of usual \Map.
Put here:-
x:\garmin\gmapsupp.img

Only issue is favourite dont display folders, so is 1 master list only...

vijayaraj

Postby vijayaraj » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:58 pm

chamelion wrote:Put in Garmin folder directory instead of usual \Map.
Put here:-
x:\garmin\gmapsupp.img

Only issue is favourite dont display folders, so is 1 master list only...

can some verify if this works?? what do you mean by favorite don't display folders?

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:06 pm

vijayaraj wrote:what do you mean by favorite don't display folders?

Newer Model Garmins allows users to set up sub folders in the favorites category so you can organize your favorites for easier search

ngbh

Postby ngbh » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi All,

I have snapshot the file contents in the SD card of Honda Navi set. Could anyone enlighten which file to replace?
Many thanks.

Note: I have tried to do these earlier....
1) Copy all the original contents to another SD card
2) Try to insert it into the Navi set in the car, but SD map is not recognised by the Navi set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”