Turn off and flyover route

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
bslee

Turn off and flyover route

Postby bslee » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Hello all.
Unsure if this have been discussed before, but I'd like to know if there's any explanation to this phenomenon.
For example, set on route to Genting or beyond.
As I drive along Jalan Kuching, approaching turnoff to Kepong, I'm supposed to just drive on the flyover onwards, the GPS still insist on turning off at Kepong junction and disregard the flyover straight on. Why does this happen? By right it should not tell anything till I turn off at Batu Caves heading to Gombak toll.
In the past this have happened a number of other places, where there's a flyover bypassing any traffic junction or turnoff. If I follow the GPS, I'd turn off, stop at the traffic light if any, then when green proceed straight on, when the flyover is supposed to bypass the traffic light or junction.
I'm just puzzled of this.
Any help welcome.

mh1426

Re: Turn off and flyover route

Postby mh1426 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:28 am

I once experienced such a thing and it turns out the shortest distance was selected for the route :ko: . Change to recommended and the problem solved. \:D/

However, there was a discussion somewhere in here regarding the same issue but I could not recall the thread. Maybe other members could provide some insights. =P~

bslee

Re: Turn off and flyover route

Postby bslee » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:32 pm

mh1426 wrote:I once experienced such a thing and it turns out the shortest distance was selected for the route :ko: . Change to recommended and the problem solved. \:D/

My 255W doesn't have "recommended". Only faster time, shorter distance, off road. I'll try "faster time" and see if it does the trick.
Avoidances are all disabled.

Anymore response is welcome.
Thank you all!

Return to “Newbie Lounge”