Where to place the POI, where POI have large compound.

MFM welcomes you to the world of GPS navigation. If you face any problem, feel free to ask our experienced members here :D

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. This forum is for beginners to ask questions and familiarize themselves to the world of GPS navigation. Senior members are encouraged to answer newbie questions
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ronchan
Polygon Mapper
Location: IPOH mali (Ruvo Avox UMPC + 探险家Columbus V-700 + GMPC / nRoute, HTC touch dual + GMXT)

Where to place the POI, where POI have large compound.

Postby ronchan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:23 am

Where to place the POI is important, especially the POI with large compound and with other road next to it! For example, Pantai Putri Hospital Ipoh, the POI is place within the compound but next to Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah (U) which have no entrance there. When you search Pantai Putri Hospital Ipoh and go, here what you get...
Hospital 4.png
Hospital 5.png
Hospital 6.png

take longer route and no entrance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
House Number Project - begin from your house.

ronchan
Polygon Mapper
Location: IPOH mali (Ruvo Avox UMPC + 探险家Columbus V-700 + GMPC / nRoute, HTC touch dual + GMXT)

Re: Where to place the POI, where POI have large compound.

Postby ronchan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:30 am

Continue...
When I put the POI near to Main entrance, see the routing difference...
Hospital 1.png
Hospital 2.png
Hospital 3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ronchan on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

antyong (retired)
Site Admin (retired)

Postby antyong (retired) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:16 am

POIs should be placed near the front entrance so that routing will take users to the entrance. Please report POIs which were placed incorrectly.

:tq:

ronchan
Polygon Mapper

Postby ronchan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:51 am

antyong wrote:POIs should be placed near the front entrance so that routing will take users to the entrance. Please report POIs which were placed incorrectly.

:tq:

Ya! Just like the newbie to take note and aware!

I have one experience , when I and my family went to Leisure Bay Penang last year. We reach Penang almost 8.00pm. I have full confident since I know the POI is already in the map, then we take our sweet time to taste the hawker foods somewhere in George town before we check in, by the time we finish almost 9.00pm already, then I depend on GPS to lead me to the apartment. When I reach the destination...is the end of the road, (Jalan Bunga Melati) a banglo gate is in front of me, what 's a joke! The night is dark already. Lucky there are few kid playing at downhill where there point me to the apartment.

The green road was submit by me there after.
Leisure Bay.png

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:11 am

For exisiting POIs, this error will be easily detected while mapping polygons (provided Points and roads are preserved from the original MP). Quite a few POIs I had adjusted already while mapping Langkawi (a separate submission uploaded at the map's feedback section). I even mapped some internal roads if the POI is located far from the road (a separate MP uploaded at the map's feedback section).

The point is, as users of registered version of Mapedit (with GE overlay), we have the advantage of correcting these errors without much effort. So let's map and correct for the betterment of MFM. :peace:
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

Return to “Newbie Lounge”