Garmin ecoRoute HD - real-time monitor/diagnostic of vehicle

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
dvpro

Re: Garmin ecoRoute HD - real-time monitor/diagnostic of vehicle

Postby dvpro » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:15 pm

chaicka wrote:suggested retail price USD149.99 - not exactly cheap...

However, according to Yoladu, relatively cheaper. :thumbsup:
yoladu wrote:Personally I think that price is quite reasonable because a dedicated OBDII device such as Scangauge will cost you more, and it takes up another space on the dash.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:50 pm

chaicka wrote:suggested retail price USD149.99 - not exactly cheap...

If you put things into perspective, I believe the price is reasonable.

If you do a market comparison, you will notice garmin did their groundwork in arriving to this pricing.

If you buy individual gauges, on average one will spend at least SGD100/gauge with installation. Typically, people will have three to four of such gauges, and each gauge shows only one reading.

An alternative is Scangauge, it's going for USD169, and users can configure up to 4 onscreen readouts. The readouts are all in numeric, which is boring unlike the ecoRoute HD where the displays are in the form of digitized gauges

An even closer substitute is the Kiwi Wifi Module, going for USD149.99 but that works only with Iphone. Any Iphone would cost more than the Nuvi 1690, and more importantly Iphone cannot run MFM yet :mrgreen:

Although I can't wait to get the ecoRoute HD, i really hate that i have to get another GPS to work with it. :$gone:
:)
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

Samurai

Postby Samurai » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi, can anyone explain to me what the readings are all about. I can understand the Green Leaf - the greener the bbetter, but the rest, what does the numbers mean?

zap

Postby zap » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi

It's available in US: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID ... productTab

Will the cable be compatible with local models eg the Nuvi 1460 TMC? As the 1460 is not listed in the above website. Thinking of getting the Nuvi 1460 with TMC from IT Show.

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:25 am

zap wrote:Hi

Will the cable be compatible with local models eg the Nuvi 1460 TMC? As the 1460 is not listed in the above website. Thinking of getting the Nuvi 1460 with TMC from IT Show.

the EcoRoute HD only works with Garmin GPS with bluetooth capability buy the N1460 is not listed as one of the compatible devices. It only works with nüvi 1690, 1490, 1390, 1370, 1260

:D

zap

Postby zap » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:41 am

yoladu wrote:

the EcoRoute HD only works with Garmin GPS with bluetooth capability buy the N1460 is not listed as one of the compatible devices. It only works with nüvi 1690, 1490, 1390, 1370, 1260

N1460 has bluetooth capability but you're right that it's not listed as a compatible model.

nazri14
Valued Contributor

Postby nazri14 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:46 pm

wooowwww...like setting ur engines.. :$$: gentlemen start ur engines..!!!
Asus P320 (Garmin Mobile XT)
Nuvi 200 (patched)
Iphone 4 (Papago 8.2)

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:17 pm

zap wrote:
yoladu wrote:

N1460 has bluetooth capability but you're right that it's not listed as a compatible model.

That's becoz Garmin US website for the ecoRoute HD only lists compatible model for US models. Does US has 1460 model? If not, then possibly 14x0 series are the same, juz diff country diff model number and slight diff features-set.

zap

Postby zap » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:54 pm

chaicka wrote:
zap wrote:[quote="yoladu

That's becoz Garmin US website for the ecoRoute HD only lists compatible model for US models. Does US has 1460 model? If not, then possibly 14x0 series are the same, juz diff country diff model number and slight diff features-set.[/quote]

That what I was hoping as well. But am not sure is this EcoRoute HD compatible across differ countries model? Before I take the plunge to get it at the N1460 in this IT Show

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:52 am

chaicka wrote:That's becoz Garmin US website for the ecoRoute HD only lists compatible model for US models. Does US has 1460 model? If not, then possibly 14x0 series are the same, juz diff country diff model number and slight diff features-set.

It may required more than just blue-tooth for it to work with the EcoRoute HD. I am sure it needed software to run, process and display the signal receive from the OBDII.

zap wrote:That what I was hoping as well. But am not sure is this EcoRoute HD compatible across differ countries model? Before I take the plunge to get it at the N1460 in this IT Show

How much is the N1460 at the IT show ? That's the amount for the gamble. :mrgreen:

Where and when will you be ordering the EcoRoute. I am planning to get one too.

Return to “General GPS Forum”