Garmin ecoRoute HD - real-time monitor/diagnostic of vehicle

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Garmin ecoRoute HD - real-time monitor/diagnostic of vehicle

Postby chaicka » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:36 am

By accessing onboard diagnostics and performance data through ecoRoute HD, drivers can use a compatible Garmin nüvi to wirelessly monitor real-time vehicle diagnostics for most vehicles while accurately calculating ecoRoute data and driver challenge scores (speed, acceleration, braking, etc.). By simply plugging the ecoRoute HD module into the vehicle’s standardized onboard diagnostics port (OBD II), safely mounting the transmitter clear of vehicle controls and pedals, and completing the easy one-time pairing with nüvi, drivers can start receiving the vital data from their vehicle and run diagnostic checks through nüvi’s intuitive interface before a trip to the auto shop is necessary. Drivers also get more accurate ecoRoute data, making fuel conservation easier than ever, and they can monitor their engine data (including temperature, RPM, emissions) and diagnostics through the Trip Computer screen and customizable Gauges screen. Drivers can then view Diagnostic Trouble Codes – with on-screen descriptions of some error codes – and reset the “check engine” light. ecoRoute HD will be compatible with many current and future nüvi models, including 1260, 1370, 1390, 1490 and 1690.

Real-time data monitored by ecoRoute HD, which has an expected availability date of March 2010 for a suggested retail price of $149.99, includes vital diagnostics such as:

* Intake air temperature information
* Coolant temperature data
* Throttle position and engine load
* Intake manifold pressure
* Battery and charging system information
* Mass airflow rate
* Timing advance
* Emissions

Source: Garmin

hancool

Re: Garmin ecoRoute HD - real-time monitor/diagnostic of vehicle

Postby hancool » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:39 am

chaicka wrote:Real-time data monitored by ecoRoute HD, which has an expected availability date of March 2010 for a suggested retail price of $149.99, includes vital diagnostics such as:

* Intake air temperature information
* Coolant temperature data
* Throttle position and engine load
* Intake manifold pressure
* Battery and charging system information
* Mass airflow rate
* Timing advance
* Emissions

Wow...will it available in Malaysia or SG?
Garmin nuvi 255w + MFM110117 = THE BEST GPS EVER!!! = YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET LOST (I hope so) :P

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:46 pm

Is it compatible with all vehicle model...?

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:38 am

keong8260 wrote:Is it compatible with all vehicle model...?

as long as the car has the OBDII connection.
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

snipfer

Postby snipfer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:48 pm

but that adapter donno cost how much.....garmin accessories are cut throat.
Localised 765 from EASTGEAR + Glisson Antenna 32db

yoladu
Valued Contributor

Postby yoladu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:33 pm

snipfer wrote:but that adapter donno cost how much.....garmin accessories are cut throat.

chaicka wrote:Real-time data monitored by ecoRoute HD, which has an expected availability date of March 2010 for a suggested retail price of $149.99, includes vital diagnostics such as:

Hope that answer your question.

Personally I think that price is quite reasonable because a dedicated OBDII device such as Scangauge will cost you more, and it takes up another space on the dash. The garmin ecoRoute HID is bluetooth, and that solve your cable routing problem.

I'm looking forward owing one but that means I have to buy another GPS with bluetooth capability. :frus:
Contribute exclusively to MFM. MSM don't get it !

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:23 am

yoladu wrote:
snipfer wrote:but that adapter donno cost how much.....garmin accessories are cut throat.

Hope that answer your question.

Personally I think that price is quite reasonable because a dedicated OBDII device such as Scangauge will cost you more, and it takes up another space on the dash. The garmin ecoRoute HID is bluetooth, and that solve your cable routing problem.

I'm looking forward owing one but that means I have to buy another GPS with bluetooth capability. :frus:

Oh...need BT capable Nuvi har... haiz... looks like beside require the firmware to have ecoRoute support, it needs oso BT, then this means need to upgrade GPS device... total cost will be quite abit.

Samurai

Postby Samurai » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:47 am

Waa I did not realise that the 1390T given to me as a gift is that advance. I am still struggling with the Junction View.
=D> Anyway MFM is still the best =D>

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:48 am

ecoRoute HD will be compatible with many current and future nüvi models, including 1260, 1370, 1390, 1490 and 1690.

Source: Garmin Blog
Source: Garmin Blog
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

chaicka
Polygon Mapper

Postby chaicka » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm

suggested retail price USD149.99 - not exactly cheap...

Return to “General GPS Forum”