GMXT Voice Bahasa Melayu (malaysia)

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
hashpa

Re: GMXT Voice Bahasa Melayu (malaysia)

Postby hashpa » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:41 am

cimakan wrote:Hi all...

I have modified some word from existing bahasa malaysia voice from my garmin 255w series.

example:
- 'titik' to 'perpuluhan'
- 'seratus' to 'ratus'

pls make sure do a backup your existing file before used these file.

Malaysia__.vpm

Thanks to cimakan for the sweet female voice.
Some feedback from my GMXT unit:
The voice does not mention the distance unit i.e. meter or kilometer.
The distance mentioned does not tally with the one as shown on the display window.
No alarm/alert sound "ding..ding" (though "Attention Tone" is enabled) when approaching CPOI. eg sharp band.
On arrival at destination, the voice stops and goes into silence after saying "di".
Thank you.

oaseas

Postby oaseas » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:32 pm

Hmm... so in the other word,
it is not perfect yet... [-(

I just wondering, is there any software so that we can create our own *.vpm file... :-k
???
If there is one, could some one email me..?

:peace:

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:51 pm

oaseas wrote:Hmm... so in the other word,

I just wondering, is there any software so that we can create our own *.vpm file... :-k
???

Check this out: viewtopic.php?p=11787#p11787
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

uncle wong
Regional Mapper
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Selangor - Johor I did not have a GPS device

Postby uncle wong » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:19 pm

oaseas wrote:Hmm... so in the other word,

???

http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/Downloads
Enjoy the GPS’s life!

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:41 am

hashpa wrote:Thanks to cimakan for the sweet female voice.
The distance mentioned does not tally with the one as shown on the display window.
No alarm/alert sound "ding..ding" (though "Attention Tone" is enabled) when approaching CPOI. eg sharp band.
On arrival at destination, the voice stops and goes into silence after saying "di".
Thank you.

Try this: http://www.sendspace.com/file/eq1xui

I've edited the original "English_British_.vpm - Lang ID: English (British 2)", and replaced the original phrases with phrases from "Malaysia__.vpm" (local Nuvi). And thanks to Cimakan, I loaned from his edited VPM the word "perpuluhan". Since I use only available phrases from "Malaysia__.vpm" (for uniformity), there are certain words/phrases that I deliberately left out, but on the actual usage does not really affect understandability of the voice prompts. And also for this reason, metric settings must be used, so that distances are stated in KM and meters.

Finally, a reminder to users of Sing/Mal local Nuvis, I think it's not a good idea using this VPM because I understand that "English_British_.vpm" will cause a problem in those local units. I'm not sure how true this statement is, but I notice none of the local Nuvis come preloaded with "English_British_.vpm" at all. :-k

hashpa

Postby hashpa » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:59 pm

dvpro wrote:
Thank you.

I've edited the original "English_British_.vpm - Lang ID: English (British 2)", and replaced the original phrases with phrases from "Malaysia__.vpm" (local Nuvi). And thanks to Cimakan, I loaned from his edited VPM the word "perpuluhan". Since I use only available phrases from "Malaysia__.vpm" (for uniformity), there are certain words/phrases that I deliberately left out, but on the actual usage does not really affect understandability of the voice prompts. And also for this reason, metric settings must be used, so that distances are stated in KM and meters.

Finally, a reminder to users of Sing/Mal local Nuvis, I think it's not a good idea using this VPM because I understand that "English_British_.vpm" will cause a problem in those local units. I'm not sure how true this statement is, but I notice none of the local Nuvis come preloaded with "English_British_.vpm" at all. :-k

Syabas to dvprp for the edition to Bahasa Melayu. I have tested it on my GXMT and indeed have resolved all the feedback that I gave earlier. And the female voice is sweet as ever :D
I would like to suggest further translation to Bahasa Melayu as follows:
When entering/exiting roundabout:
English voice: Enter roundabout then take first/second/third/fourth exit...
Malay Voice: Masuk bulatan kemudian ambil simpang keluar pertama/kedua/ketiga/keemapat...

When approaching a U-turn:
English voice: ... then make a U-turn...
Malay voice: ... kemudian buat pusingan U ...
English voice: When possible make a U-turn
Malay voice .. Jika mungkin buat pusingan U

On arrival:
English voice: Arriving at destination on left/right
Malay voice: Tiba di destinasi pada kiri/kanan

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:05 pm

hashpa wrote:Syabas to dvprp for the edition to Bahasa Melayu. I have tested it on my GXMT and indeed have resolved all the feedback that I gave earlier. And the female voice is sweet as ever :D
Malay Voice: Masuk bulatan kemudian ambil simpang keluar pertama/kedua/ketiga/keemapat...

On arrival:

Thanks, but since the phrase is not readily available, we need someone to record the missing phrases, but that would result in a different voice when used together with the existing one. So the best solution if someone can record the whole phrases using only one person's voice, and the recording must be done in a studio environment, for better SQ.
dvpro wrote:...
Since I use only available phrases from "Malaysia__.vpm" (for uniformity), there are certain words/phrases that I deliberately left out,

hashpa

Postby hashpa » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:32 am

dvpro wrote:
hashpa wrote:Syabas to dvprp for the edition to Bahasa Melayu. I have tested it on my GXMT and indeed have resolved all the feedback that I gave earlier. And the female voice is sweet as ever :D

On arrival:

Thanks, but since the phrase is not readily available, we need someone to record the missing phrases, but that would result in a different voice when used together with the existing one. So the best solution if someone can record the whole phrases using only one person's voice, and the recording must be done in a studio environment, for better SQ.
dvpro wrote:...
Since I use only available phrases from "Malaysia__.vpm" (for uniformity), there are certain words/phrases that I deliberately left out,

You r welcome.
Have to start looking for a lady with sweet voice then. What about the existing lady? Can you catch hold of her?
Sorry for the silly question.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:33 am

hashpa wrote:You r welcome.
Have to start looking for a lady with sweet voice then. What about the existing lady? Can you catch hold of her?
Sorry for the silly question.

The orginal voice is from Garmin's official Bahasa Malaysia voice, I don't even know her. #-o

cimakan

Postby cimakan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:45 am

hashpa wrote:
dvpro wrote:
Thank you.

Syabas to dvprp for the edition to Bahasa Melayu. I have tested it on my GXMT and indeed have resolved all the feedback that I gave earlier. And the female voice is sweet as ever :D

On arrival:

Hi hashpa

i edited the phrase Malay Voice: Masuk bulatan kemudian ambil simpang keluar pertama/kedua/ketiga/keempat as u wish....hiihihiih

and also Tanjakan to Jalan Bertingkat.

Malaysia__.vpm

Ps. I tested these file on my Nuvi 255w....for GMXT maybe u can ask dvpro

Return to “General GPS Forum”