i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
nik
Valued Contributor
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Postby nik » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:14 am

May i know, this unit is couriered to us from local or oversea ? what about custom tax? i heard custom ask to go test at Sirim first.. kena bayar.. then, custom charge quite expensive as they claim this device transmit frequency bla bla bla...

the price in ebay is around RM250.. so are we paying exactly that amount or more for tax purpose?

thanks...

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Posts: 752
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:37 am
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Re: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Postby edchuang (retired) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:26 am

amry wrote:
edchuang wrote:Bro amry, depend on what device you wnat to pair it to. I bought the 51 Ch PPC PDA XDA and pair to to N73. You can always contact the supplier to find out more information.

Cheers.

I just want the device for tracking purpose, then upload to PC and submit to MFM \:D/

Probably no pairing with anything else, but if ever want to pair, maybe pair to own laptop I guess. I'm also using N73, but don't see the point of pairing GPS device to it, or is there any benefits that you can tell me other than navigation as I'm using Nuvi for navigation.

Yeap, currently I am also using it standalone for tracking purposes only. In such case, the 51 Ch PPC PDA XDA will do. :D

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Posts: 752
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:37 am
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Re: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Postby edchuang (retired) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:28 am

nik wrote:May i know, this unit is couriered to us from local or oversea ? what about custom tax? i heard custom ask to go test at Sirim first.. kena bayar.. then, custom charge quite expensive as they claim this device transmit frequency bla bla bla...

the price in ebay is around RM250.. so are we paying exactly that amount or more for tax purpose?

thanks...

It send from overseas. For this type of small item and single unit. Normally custom won't charge tax. I got mine deivered to my house without any tax incurred. But sometime is depend on your luck. :lol:

amry
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:34 am
Location: Setapak / Cyberjaya

Re: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Postby amry » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:39 am

edchuang wrote:Yeap, currently I am also using it standalone for tracking purposes only. In such case, the 51 Ch PPC PDA XDA will do. :D

Thanks, going to order that right away! \:D/
Garmin Nuvi 205 :: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger

wiraone
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:30 am
Location: Section U20 Shah Alam (er.. Sg Buloh that it!), iBlue747, Nuvi350
Contact:

Re: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Postby wiraone » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:46 pm

They're all the same unit from the same seller but posted to different ebays in different countries.. hence, the prices are a bit different and some will have higher postage charge compared to the others.. I bought mine from the same seller in UK ebay .. that seems to be the cheapest since GBP is sliding against all currencies .. RM230++ at the moment for the one I bought last week.. still waiting for it to be in my PO box tho'.

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Posts: 752
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:37 am
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Re: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Postby edchuang (retired) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:13 pm

wiraone wrote:They're all the same unit from the same seller but posted to different ebays in different countries.. hence, the prices are a bit different and some will have higher postage charge compared to the others.. I bought mine from the same seller in UK ebay .. that seems to be the cheapest since GBP is sliding against all currencies .. RM230++ at the moment for the one I bought last week.. still waiting for it to be in my PO box tho'.

Beware of the delivery charges also, they are all very smart. Some the price very low but delivery charges will kill us. So compare all prices inclusive delivery charges. :D

User avatar
riyad71
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: Indera Sempurna Kuantan
Contact:

Re: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Postby riyad71 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:42 pm

got mine from Lelong...try this link
http://hongty.lelong.com.my/ :champ:
Health For Life
Garmin Nuvi 205W
E Trex Vista Cx

User avatar
dvpro
Moderator
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:09 am
Location: KUL, MY (Handheld, PDA Based)

Re: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Postby dvpro » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:48 pm

riyad71 wrote:got mine from Lelong...try this link
http://hongty.lelong.com.my/ :champ:

Ehh... this one does not do data logging la. :frus:
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

edchuang (retired)
Regional Mapper (retired)
Posts: 752
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:37 am
Location: Shah Alam (GMXT+i-Blue747 Logger, Holux GPSmile62 Pro)

Re: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Postby edchuang (retired) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:14 pm

dvpro wrote:
riyad71 wrote:got mine from Lelong...try this link
http://hongty.lelong.com.my/ :champ:

Ehh... this one does not do data logging la. :frus:

Yeah......this 737 purely for navigation, not track log. Act fast, contact the seller to change to 747 if your intention is to do data logging. :shock:

wiraone
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:30 am
Location: Section U20 Shah Alam (er.. Sg Buloh that it!), iBlue747, Nuvi350
Contact:

Re: i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger - A short Review

Postby wiraone » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:33 pm

Using ebay, you could list the shipping cost too and that way you could compare the prices inclusive of the delivery.. mine is the same unit ordered from the same seller as you guys got yours .. it just that GBP is sliding again this week (and my earning also sliding down .. arghh)..

To the forumner who posted the lelong ones, the iBlue 737 does not do logging .. so, you couldn't do trekking .. that is the reason most of us going for the 747 ones.


Return to “General GPS Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests