Short Distance VS Faster Distance

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
fruitplus
Polygon Mapper

Re: Short Distance VS Faster Distance

Postby fruitplus » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:12 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:prayer: to save you from traffic jams...
Past + Present = Future

keyven

Postby keyven » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Faster route takes me in to tolls everywhere and endup paying toomuch for toll. (Eg: KL to Klang -> Instead of Fed. Hwy RM 1 toll (max), it took me through Kesas, and other tolls endup paying RM 7++) But the drive was faster than the route through Fed Hwy.

How to conculde if need to use Faster or Shorter way?? :frus:

FauSham
Location: Kelantan [Legend Cx / Nuvi 200(Damage) / Nuvi 760 / Nuvi 265W(New)]

Postby FauSham » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:20 pm

fauzee wrote:Hai Members..i just wanna know where is better to setup in my Navigation 200W....because i was use this 2 setting..and nuvis goes many different route...sometimes SHORTER Distance is good...sometimes FASTER is good...when i use shorter, the route goes many junction on road and sometimes wrong road but when use faster, nuvis got long distance and out of main road.. :nutz: ..](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ..are u suggest me to change setting following the situation....or just choose better one!!!!!!!!please help me...

When u choose shorter distance, you must combine with other selection like U-turn, tolls, paved lane, parking lot.. etc.
If u did't set this extra setting, your device will go as can as it can go....... as shortest it choose your route. Usually, red mud road also, it want you to follow. So...... If you go long distance, please recheck again your route suggestion by your device. Don't let your device guide you follow "Jalan Basikal" :D

When u choose Faster choice, you device usually use highway with tolls , without traffic road and sometime use shortcut road. With this Faster Choice, highway or main road is high priority.

The best thing U should do is...... combine with your extra setting like U-turn, tolls, paved lane, parking lot.. etc. It's help manage our route in correct and good route.
FauSham @ Malaysia & Singapore Free Maps - MalFreeMaps
AMATEUR RADIO CALLSIGN: 9W2WFN

FauSham
Location: Kelantan [Legend Cx / Nuvi 200(Damage) / Nuvi 760 / Nuvi 265W(New)]

Postby FauSham » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:32 pm

sharkteef wrote:my shorter route brings me through a 10000 traffic lights. (parlimen/masjid jamek/BB)

Don mentioned too much laahhh..... 10000 traffic light.... [-X or your eyes blurr on that time.. :rolleyes:

PJ ----> RHB sg besi.
FauSham @ Malaysia & Singapore Free Maps - MalFreeMaps
AMATEUR RADIO CALLSIGN: 9W2WFN

J-Slade

Postby J-Slade » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Personally I am starting to like Faster Time. I used to use Shorter Distance until it brought me through taman perumahan and small roads in KL which you turn here and there and many traffic light :thumbsdown: . If the road brings you through a highway, just go to the alternative road you know and after a while it will recalculate so you need to pandai pandai be the judge

If lets say its your first time then just pay the toll first and next time avoid that road.
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic loaded with Garmin Mobile XT loaded with mfm
www.KnowMoreStuff.com
Everyone wants to know more stuff... Don't you?

zeese5

Postby zeese5 » Thu May 14, 2009 3:34 pm

I live somewhere in Ampang.. One time, I tested my gps to choose both faster and shorter to go back and forth between my home and Ampang Puteri Hospital.

Using a faster route, it directs me to the main, big road.
Using a shorter router, it directs me through a housing area.

During a day, faster route in KL means the slowest. Main road always jammed.. traffic bumper to bumber.. So, I used shorter route... in KL means the fastest because I'm going through housing areas.. no traffic light (maybe 1 or 2 only) and not many cars.. I arrive much much faster.

Now, in kl area, I prefer shorter route... except at late night, can choose faster route..

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Thu May 14, 2009 8:07 pm

:tq: :good: :peace: :peace: maybe i can use your reference coz soon i'll go to K.L.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

fauzee
Polygon Mapper

Postby fauzee » Thu May 14, 2009 8:13 pm

FauSham wrote:
fauzee wrote:Hai Members..i just wanna know where is better to setup in my Navigation 200W....because i was use this 2 setting..and nuvis goes many different route...sometimes SHORTER Distance is good...sometimes FASTER is good...when i use shorter, the route goes many junction on road and sometimes wrong road but when use faster, nuvis got long distance and out of main road.. :nutz: ..](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ..are u suggest me to change setting following the situation....or just choose better one!!!!!!!!please help me...

When u choose shorter distance, you must combine with other selection like U-turn, tolls, paved lane, parking lot.. etc.
If u did't set this extra setting, your device will go as can as it can go....... as shortest it choose your route. Usually, red mud road also, it want you to follow. So...... If you go long distance, please recheck again your route suggestion by your device. Don't let your device guide you follow "Jalan Basikal" :D

When u choose Faster choice, you device usually use highway with tolls , without traffic road and sometime use shortcut road. With this Faster Choice, highway or main road is high priority.

The best thing U should do is...... combine with your extra setting like U-turn, tolls, paved lane, parking lot.. etc. It's help manage our route in correct and good route.

i was use your suggestion..it work for me..and now i always change the setting follow by situation.. :tq: :good: :champ: :champ:
~Lost Is Nothing~
...PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST MAPS BEFORE DOIN' SOMETHIN'...

gpsnerd
Contributor

Guys please check on this

Postby gpsnerd » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:26 pm

From in front of AMK HDB Branch office ave 6 to the Mac Donalds Garden West opposite, does the gps guide u on a longer way?

mine lead me to turn right at ave 3, enter via street 12, instead of the U turn at the ave 6 and ave 3 junction?

i did not set U turn as avoidances..

please advise
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

gpsnerd
Contributor

Re: Guys please check on this

Postby gpsnerd » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 pm

another I encounter was along Hougang Ave 8, in front of xinmin pri school to eg block 611 on the opposite side.

it leads us to turn right at junction at ave 8 and ave 4 and to do a U turn further up ave 4 when a U turn is allowed at the cross junction
User of 205 / 205W
Currently using 255W and 205W, 4592 LM

Return to “General GPS Forum”