How to test if a Garmin map will work in that country

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ARMOR1

How to test if a Garmin map will work in that country

Postby ARMOR1 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Say, I installed a Garmin map (say, Australia) in my SD card and I can see the name of the map in the device in map info. But I want to make sure it will work if I bring my device to Australia. I am in Singapore now. How can I simulate the device to test the Aussie map as though I am in Australia. Thanks

Regards

armor1

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: How to test if a Garmin map will work in that country

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:11 pm

ARMOR1 wrote:Say, I installed a Garmin map (say, Australia) in my SD card and I can see the name of the map in the device in map info. But I want to make sure it will work if I bring my device to Australia. I am in Singapore now. How can I simulate the device to test the Aussie map as though I am in Australia. Thanks

Regards

armor1

Go to tools and turn off GPS. This will make GPS go into simulation mode.
Go back to screen, touch screen and move map to country and then zoom in to see details of roads, POIs

Return to “General GPS Forum”