GPS satellite lock on slow recently

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
carlover

GPS satellite lock on slow recently

Postby carlover » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:05 pm

Not sure anyone notice that the Satellite lock on very slowly recently and sometimes, it just lost reception.

I have tested my car GPS which come with my car and my Nuvi 3650, both also receive the signal quite badly.

Can anyone feedback, thanks.
Currently Using : Garmin NUVI 3560LM with Live Traffic FM Receiver

mechanic_guna

Re: GPS satellite lock on slow recently

Postby mechanic_guna » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:03 pm

carlover wrote:Not sure anyone notice that the Satellite lock on very slowly recently and sometimes, it just lost reception.

I have tested my car GPS which come with my car and my Nuvi 3650, both also receive the signal quite badly.

Dear Sir,
According to this website http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?Do=constellationStatus all 32 satellites are healthy. I also used my Nuvi1460 this morning. It was warm boot with satellite lock within 3 seconds. No issues so far.

Try testing your Nuvi3560 outside the car, in an open area with a clear view of the sky. This will prove whether the windscreen of your car is impeding the signal reception.

carlover

Postby carlover » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:11 am

mechanic_guna wrote:
carlover wrote:Not sure anyone notice that the Satellite lock on very slowly recently and sometimes, it just lost reception.

Dear Sir,
According to this website http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?Do=constellationStatus all 32 satellites are healthy. I also used my Nuvi1460 this morning. It was warm boot with satellite lock within 3 seconds. No issues so far.

Try testing your Nuvi3560 outside the car, in an open area with a clear view of the sky. This will prove whether the windscreen of your car is impeding the signal reception.

Thanks for your reply. I have fast satellite lock on initially when I installed in my car since December 2013 and the GPS reception seems to be weak these few weeks so I suspect the antenna is having some issue.

I will test my old Holux 62AS and see how is the GPS reception and it the Holux has no issue then probably I will need to send my Nuvi 3560 to AllBright for repair.
Currently Using : Garmin NUVI 3560LM with Live Traffic FM Receiver

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:41 am

My 3790 locks on from cold within 30 secs max

bradley113

Postby bradley113 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Me too, my Garmin Nuvi 300 also can't received the Satellite signal easily, it took sometimes to connect with the satellite.

Return to “General GPS Forum”