Mapsource for Windows 7

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
caritempat

Mapsource for Windows 7

Postby caritempat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:22 pm

I tried to download mapsource to my new laptop running on Windows 7 using Garmin Training Centre and Mapsource. Once I had downloaded Garmin Training Centre and Mapsource, I downloaded the latest Malfreemaps. Unfortunately, while my Mapsource opens, it was without the usual Malfreemaps. I then tried to delete these downloads with the intention of re-downloading these again into my laptop running on Windows 7 but they cannot be deleted via the Control Panel Un-install Program. I then had to go back to the shop to have it removed.

The guy at the shop where I had bought the laptop told me that it could be the Garmin Training Centre and Mapsource that I had downloaded may be outdated and are not compatible with Windows 7. He may be right as the last time I downloaded Mapsource into my computer, it was to my old pc running on Windows XP. Anyone has this problem?

Can someone pl advise me an alternative way on how I may upload Mapsource and maps into my new computer that is compatible with Windows 7?

Thanks!

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Mapsource for Windows 7

Postby silverbeauty » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Did you try install Mapsource with Basecamp first ?

See this link in our library viewtopic.php?f=28&t=735

caritempat

Postby caritempat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:42 pm

silverbeauty wrote:Did you try install Mapsource with Basecamp first ?

See this link in our library viewtopic.php?f=28&t=735

Yes, I did. I had Basecamp, Mapsource and Garmin Training Centre....still did not work :-(

gps1

Postby gps1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:09 pm

What version of W7 are you using?
Just replaced my old Xp pro desk top with a new HP desk top W7 Home Premium 32 bit. I was advised that 64 bit may give me problems with older software.
Installed Garmin Training Centre V345 and Mapsource v6.15.7. Downloaded this pm MFM 14.04.14 and installed and works ok.
My Lap Top has W7 32 bit Pro and Mapsource works fine.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you resolve your problem.

caritempat

Postby caritempat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:16 pm

gps1 wrote:What version of W7 are you using?
Just replaced my old Xp pro desk top with a new HP desk top W7 Home Premium 32 bit. I was advised that 64 bit may give me problems with older software.
Installed Garmin Training Centre V345 and Mapsource v6.15.7. Downloaded this pm MFM 14.04.14 and installed and works ok.
My Lap Top has W7 32 bit Pro and Mapsource works fine.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you resolve your problem.

Thanks gps1. I finally managed to load mapsource and malfreemaps into my pc. I am using W7 64. I deleted Garmin Training Centre as it is not needed. Just using Basecamp and the latest Mapsource from Garmin and Malfreemaps. Helped to solve the problem as I think the GTC was an older version that was not compatible with W7 64.

emkeyip

Postby emkeyip » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:22 pm

caritempat wrote:I tried to download mapsource to my new laptop running on Windows 7 using Garmin Training Centre and Mapsource. Once I had downloaded Garmin Training Centre and Mapsource, I downloaded the latest Malfreemaps. Unfortunately, while my Mapsource opens, it was without the usual Malfreemaps. I then tried to delete these downloads with the intention of re-downloading these again into my laptop running on Windows 7 but they cannot be deleted via the Control Panel Un-install Program. I then had to go back to the shop to have it removed.

The guy at the shop where I had bought the laptop told me that it could be the Garmin Training Centre and Mapsource that I had downloaded may be outdated and are not compatible with Windows 7. He may be right as the last time I downloaded Mapsource into my computer, it was to my old pc running on Windows XP. Anyone has this problem?

Can someone pl advise me an alternative way on how I may upload Mapsource and maps into my new computer that is compatible with Windows 7?

Thanks!

Under File Properties/Compatibility, run Mapsource in compatibility mode Win XP if you are having old Mapsource.
Other old versions of Mapsorce can be downloaded here in archive : http://www.gawisp.com/perry/mapsource/

zamad
Valued Contributor

Postby zamad » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:20 am

I have been running Mapsource 6.16.3 on my Asus laptop running Windows 7 without any problems.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

Rona D'sara
Contributor

Postby Rona D'sara » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:46 pm

me too no problem I am using Lenovo window 7 64 bit but what I did was copy the whole file and paste it into C program file then create a shortcut.

wblee

Postby wblee » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:15 am

I run mapsource 6.16.1 in windows 8 without problem.

Return to “General GPS Forum”