Slow in gps lock recently

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Slow in gps lock recently

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:24 pm

gpsnerd wrote:any recommended free space needed in the GPS device?

Depending on which model GPS you have to do housekeeping .. delete the unnecessary .... POI, favourites, temp files, trip logs ... whether u like it or not, on some of the Nuvi it will collect trip logs ... delete the log file as it can get large ... etc ..

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: Slow in gps lock recently

Postby eddy_duyung » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:34 pm

moeyhc wrote:I know what's wrong....

The recent haze from a friendly neighbor is causing your problem... We know that burning wood produces ash and charcoal which is basically Carbon. With the westerly wind, fine particles of these Carbon particles fill the air around us and since, Carbon is a good conductor of electricity it will form a Faraday's shield across the sky. This will have dramatic effect on signals reception on wireless devices... So, your GPS may be struggling to decipher the long codes from the Satellites hence, delaying the signal lock....

If you believe what I wrote... please go back to school... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this teory should be considered...because since Vash H posted..i think i'm also facing the same problem while navigate using my Nuvi 255W...this happen twice to me while navigate on E2 hiway ,dont remember the date...but i think it was in " JERUBU " time...in that time i just feel that it might my 255W meet it ended story...after thats until now..the sattelite locked for my 255W having no problem until today...even i'm in da house...he he..just scared of my 255W going death...
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

Return to “General GPS Forum”