How to Determine a route

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
ulife88

How to Determine a route

Postby ulife88 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Not sure if anyone can help advise me on the route. I've selected a route where NUVI Garmin will propose a route based on shorter or faster distance. Is there anywhere that I modify the route which means that I can force Garmin to use certain particular route. Can I do this without using the Custom Route function. I'm staying in Menjalara and going towards KL CIty. It keep leading me to the most jammed road in Segambut. I wanna to avoid this route. Any idea?

zamad
Valued Contributor

Re: How to Determine a route

Postby zamad » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:14 pm

ulife88 wrote:Not sure if anyone can help advise me on the route. I've selected a route where NUVI Garmin will propose a route based on shorter or faster distance. Is there anywhere that I modify the route which means that I can force Garmin to use certain particular route. Can I do this without using the Custom Route function. I'm staying in Menjalara and going towards KL CIty. It keep leading me to the most jammed road in Segambut. I wanna to avoid this route. Any idea?

You can force your nuvi to pass through waypoints enroute to your destination. First, select your destination (wait for it to calculate), then add waypoints (or via points) from where you are, to your destination.

Or, you can press 'Detour' for your nuvi to recalculate another route, but in this, you're somewhat leaving it to chance.
mfm : magnificent free maps
Garmin nüvi 2575RLM v2.80, Garmin 60CSx v4.00, Garmin nüvi 205W(patched), Papago R5800 X8.5, Qstarz Q1000P (Datalogger)
Retired: GMXT Palm T|X, nuvifone A10 v5.0.77, Garmin-Asus G60 v2.43, GPSlim236 (Datalogger)

Immortal25

Re: How to Determine a route

Postby Immortal25 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:15 pm

I had roughly the same question in mind. I wanted to save a particular route so that the gps will always remember to avoid a particular stretch. I mean yeah, I guess when I drive pass that area I'd know what to do but in case I lend it to someone who doesn't know the place at all, that would be very useful. So we can add waypoints?

Return to “General GPS Forum”