GPS Connection slow recently. GPS Satelite Overload?

Share general news, ideas and discussions about GPS and GPS navigation

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. Remain on topic. Discuss general GPS and GPS navigation topics only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
aeronic

Re: GPS Connection slow recently. GPS Satelite Overload?

Postby aeronic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 am

ccwong wrote:ya, i think overload issue not exist.

Gps navigator just serve as receiver, and i do not think that will burden the satelite up there O:)

stop thinking it is a fact
i rikes to uses my favourite maps because mfm is not only my favourite maps but it is also the bestest map for mareyshia, singkaypoh and some say asean

aeronic

Postby aeronic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:39 am

jeremaze wrote:satellite works like star,moon and sun for gps :)

hahaha....so you should explain the fact that you keep starring or keeping track of them non stop does not make them more stressed or slower

Bro aeronic, please respect forum rule # 1 first four syllabus, and refrain from such remarks :tq: /SB
i rikes to uses my favourite maps because mfm is not only my favourite maps but it is also the bestest map for mareyshia, singkaypoh and some say asean

FrancisTLim
Valued Contributor

Postby FrancisTLim » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:44 pm

cwchoo85 wrote:something happen to our GPS satelite ? overload ? lolz

GPS satellite is just like our radio station. It sends out signals. Even if zero people use it, or 1 million people use it, it makes no difference to the satellite because all the satellite does is continue to send out signals and it does not receive anything back from your GPS device.

Of course, if everyone in a certain area (eg. Malaysia/Singapore) experience slowness in locking, etc. it could be due to some localised problem like maybe intereference from nearby sources, or maybe somebody in that area has some devices that accidentally (or otherwise) emits signals that are in the same frequency as the GPS signals.

If everyone in a large area (eg. Asia), or in the world experience slowness in locking, etc. suddenly for a certain period, then maybe the USA military (who owns and runs the GPS satellites) are doing some adjustments/settings/changes/testing to the satellite or something? But I highly doubt this lah, since they already know that so many services are dependent on their satellites. Of course, if major war (world war?) break out, then different case lah. They have to protect their own interest first.
Regards,
FrancisTLim.

dchan126

Postby dchan126 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:01 pm

mysterio wrote:
azlan96 wrote:hmm, the GPS at my Nokia C5 cannot detect satellite, normally, if drive, launch up Garmin or Ovi Maps in 5 seconds can get my exact location already, but today, 1 hour also didnt get any satellite

I think is about y r device, it something eror may be hapen on y r GPS program... Try to swith off & on after that see wat happen, if same problem occour.. must reinstall y r gps program in y r phone..

Yes, you should switch off & on back your phone and test your GPS again. I've encountered the same problem (can't detect satelite)on my phone last week. I restarted my phone and the GPS detected the satelite within few seconds...

thiang
Polygon Mapper
Location: USJ (Garmin-Asus A10 Taiwan Version) & Ipad Mini Retina with Street Pilot MY/SG

Postby thiang » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:00 pm

Actualy i use my nokia 5800xm GMXT in malaysia is easy to get gps signal, but when i use on china, the gps signal reception is very difficult to get signal. Don't know why :-k
山不在高 有仙則名 水不在深 有龍則靈

yc1437

Postby yc1437 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Because of weather?
thiang wrote:Actualy i use my nokia 5800xm GMXT in malaysia is easy to get gps signal, but when i use on china, the gps signal reception is very difficult to get signal. Don't know why :-k
时间存在的惟一理由是,如此才不会所有事情同时发生 - 爱因斯坦

GPS: Nuvi 3790

Inggo
Contributor
Location: N04'37.399"E103'12.484" MyGPS,Nuvi,PapagoX2/X3/X5 Mapking, I-GO, GarminXT GoSPEED

Postby Inggo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:39 am

thiang wrote:Actualy i use my nokia 5800xm GMXT in malaysia is easy to get gps signal, but when i use on china, the gps signal reception is very difficult to get signal. Don't know why :-k

i think there is cache satellite loc in gmxt to memorize satellite signal, need to reset your gps lock position to clear the cache of nmea data..
try, maybe helps.. :nutz:
...maybe the -m'force'm- will be with you, always.. :peace:
:mrgreen: Skywalker

azlan96

Postby azlan96 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:00 pm

now on the Nokia C5 can get already GPS signal, but my HTC P3300 very hard le to get GPS, leave for 10 minutes oso cant detect. but I tried leaving the phone stuck at a place for 3 minutes, it detected... so means if we wanna detect satellite cannot hold the phone or move it?

Return to “General GPS Forum”