Sizzling hot. Just out.GPSMapEdit 1.1 (update 74.2)
(May 20th, 2012)http://www.geopainting.com/
Download installer (2.82 MB)
Version without installer (2.78 MB)
The change log:
• Fix: The support of Google Maps is updated.
• Enhancement: To avoid the precision loss for big position values (e.g. longitudes over 90 degrees) caused by imperfect intrinsic format of real numbers used to store operated data in RAM in earlier versions of GPSMapEdit, that intrinsic format is replaced by fixed-point number representation with enhanced accuracy.
NOTE: due to this removal of data distortion, re-saving MP file generated by a previous version of GPSMapEdit may change some of least significant digits inside MP in certain cases.
• Enhancement: To simplify migration to the new version of GPSMapEdit in collective projects based on SVN or CVS systems, a simulation of the former precision loss may be turned on to minimize changes inside .MP files (please see menu 'Tools | Options...', "Load & Save" tab, the button "Settings for Polish format...", the switch "Simulate incorrect inner precision loss for positions (like in pre-1.1.74.x)").
• Enhancement: "Snap to grid" is now applied for 25- and 26-bit zoom levels.
• Enhancement: In the status bar, the cursor position is displayed with from 4 to 7 digits after the decimal point, depending on the zoom scale.
• Enhancement: In the import wizard of .SHP and MapInfo MIF/MID, the coordinate system selection page is greatly redesigned:
- the embedded library of over 1200 coordinate systems used in various countries, with displaying their parameters and EPSG code;
- automatic zone selection for SK-42, SK-95, DHDN and some other coordinate systems;
- new projections are supported: Albers Equal Area, Cassini-Soldner, Lambert Azimuthal Equal-Area, Lambert Conformal Conic, Mercator, Oblique Stereographic, Polar Stereographic, Oblique Mercator, Hotine Oblique Mercator, Sinusoidal, Cylindrical Equal-Area, Azimuthal Equidistant, Equidistant Conic, Polyconic, Miller Cylindrical, Mollweide, Eckert IV, Eckert VI, Krovak, NZMG;
- international feet, survey feet, yards, links, chains, kilometers, statute and nautical miles are supported as units for coordinate systems;
- 3-degree Gauss-Kruger is supported;
- custom coordinate systems are supported (the corresponding data are saved in text file .\_CoordinateSystems\CustomCoordSys.wkt);
- import of coordinate systems from files in OGC WKT (.WKT) and ESRI .PRJ formats;
- new window for datum selection, with displaying their parameters in list;
- the embedded library of datums is updated and extended (over 300 datums total);
- it is possible to add, delete and edit custom datums (the corresponding data are saved in text file .\_CoordinateSystems\CustomDatums.wkt);
- import of datums from files in OGC WKT (.WKT) and ESRI .PRJ formats;
- grid shift tables of datums in formats NTv2 (.GSB) and NADCON (.las/.los) are supported.
• Enhancement: The import of MapInfo MIF/MID with certain kinds of headers is enhanced:
- the list of supported projections is extended by Albers Equal Area, Cassini-Soldner, Lambert Azimuthal Equal-Area, Lambert Conformal Conic, Mercator, Stereographic, Hotine Oblique Mercator, Swiss Oblique Mercator, Sinusoidal, Cylindrical Equal-Area, Azimuthal Equidistant, Equidistant Conic, Polyconic, Miller Cylindrical, Mollweide, Eckert IV, Eckert VI, Gall, Krovak, NZMG;
- automatic using of datum specified in the MIF header.
• Enhancement: The file .PRJ (coordinate system description), if any, accompanying .SHP one is used while importing shapefile.
• New feature: For attached raster map, the context menu item 'Lock Correction' disables/enables dragging of the map.
• New feature: For attached raster map, the context menu item 'Zoom to Basic Scale' is added (thanks to: Constantino Grosse).
• New feature: For road nodes, the context menu item 'Split Numbering' is added (thanks to: Gary Turner).
• Fix: Resolved visual overlapping of numbering along roads about crossroads in some cases (thanks to: Javier Postiglione).
• Fix: Splitting numbering along roads while splitting roads with numbers over 65 000 (thanks to: Brett Hodgson).
• Enhancement: On pasting data with different code page, the corresponding warning message appears (thanks to: Dr.B).
• Fix: Loading GPS EXIF header for big endian case (thanks to: Buyung Akram).
• Fix: Crash on undoing "Extract All Elements" for non-road (thanks to: Serge V Reznikov).
• Fix: The message about opening attacned file from detached disk is improved (thanks to: Peter Hendricks).
• Enhancement: The buttons DEL and INSERT are supported in the list-style windows to delete or add corresponding items of lists.
• Fix: Crash while splitting map with low step (thanks to: Dr.B).
• Fix: The behaviour of map infotip (thanks to: Camilo Barreto).
• Fix: Converting labels ('Tools | Convert Labels...') from meters to feet and vice versa for maps with type set "Lowrance" (thanks to: Jon Roberts).
• Enhancement: On exporting map to the format Lowrance LCM, inner crashes of lcmBuilder.dll are handled to provide better error reports.
• Enhancement: On exporting map to the format Lowrance LCM, Garmin-specific special codes are removed automatically.
• Fix: For maps with type sets "Lowrance" and "ALAN/Holux", the elevation/depth units convertion is no more applied for labels visualization. In "Map Properties", the setting for elevation units is hidden.
• Fix: Crash while saving to format .MP after two exports to Lowrance LCM (thanks to: AlexSidorov).
• Fix: Loading of files in the format .GDB saved by Basecamp (thanks to: Marcelo Rodriguez Claude).
• Enhancement: GUI localization for Finnish (thanks to: Jarkko Makineva).
Names of Garmin and Navitel types are partially translated to Sinhalese (thanks to: D.L.R. Shyamal).