Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
wilsonlee03

Re: Garmin Mobile Unit Software

Postby wilsonlee03 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:38 pm

This is what we call A-GPS.
You can re-activate it by going to: Tools/ Settings/ General/ Positioning/ Positioning Methods and tick Assisted GPS

No doubt it locks signal much more faster but at the same time, you will be charged RM0.10 each time it uses gprs. If I'm not mistaken, the charges is RM0.10/10kb (one block). Even though each connection may only consume few bytes, you'll still be charged RM0.10.

If you use it in city with plenty of junctions etc, it will cost you about RM1.00 for about 3km.

I can't tell the exact amount as I think it will connect to gprs whenever it makes announcement

actually no,it will only activate the gprs whenever the gps signal lost,and most of the time even if it lost if the device could reacquire signal fast enough,it won't use the gprs. about the cost i not sure with other network,if not mistaken digi charges 10kb per bloke,which is 10sen,but maxis charges at 1kb per bloke,which is 1sen,each gprs activation by gps for coordination will be around 4.7kb,which is about 5sen for maxis,but 10sen for digi. i uses gmxt on my 5800 with the a-gps, and i tested in one journey from KL to fraser hill,to kelantan,it only activate the gprs for 4 times,that makes my whole journey with a-gps cost of just under 20sen

Yes..i agreed...tested on N85..the AGPS only working in short time to helping GPS antenna to get better accuracy (depend on how hard it can get it)..so it mean..AGPS not 'ON' everytimes..just when ur internal antenna get poor accuracy and AGPS do that JOB..so if u don't wanna be charge with big amount of uses AGPS..make sure your phone always in open sky or on dashboard or windscreen (in Car)...Go 'Menu' > 'Tools' > 'Log' > 'Packet Data' > 'Data Counter' > 'Clear Counters' > 12345(Default Password) for Nokia...then open mobile XT..after get better accuracy..u can check how much /kb.. :thumbsup:
Im Using N85 and im know more bout AGPS after i have been charge a lot last time by maxis. Actually, A-GPS only use less then 10kb each time search for signal. I teach u how to save ur credit. After u get signal by A-GPS, u then turn off the AGPS at at Tools/ Settings/ General/ Positioning/ Positioning Methods and tick Assisted GPS. Then u may using ur GPS again. im using agps when it is on rush time to get signal. After get signal by agps, turn ur agps off. Now start ur garmin without using agps.and tis time ur garmin can search signal faster. Then only hard for ur grmin to find signal if u turn it off for very long time. If u juz turn off for few hours then turn it on, it shopuld be fine without turn ur agps again. Hope it's help u.

Skylinestar
Valued Contributor

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby Skylinestar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:08 pm

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:15 pm

However, I believe Garmin voice files created using this utility would not work in GMXT.
I take everything in moderation, including moderation.

mel8331

Postby mel8331 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:22 pm

It looks like there is a 5.00.60 version at ...

Changes from 5.00.50 to 5.00.60:
- To improve the horizontal to vertical NOKIA 5800 screen problem
- NOKIA 5800 to improve the horizontal screen open "turn preview" issue
- To improve the NOKIA 5800 in the evening when the text mode

I have upgraded my 5.00.50 to 5.00.60 in my Nokia 5800 and it works fine.
Last edited by dvpro on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links edited. Please abide by Rule#6.

snazir

Postby snazir » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:17 am

Can GMXT run on WinCE 6.0 & how to do it?
I have tried to run GMXT for WinMobile on my WayWay Q5031, but it can't?
Please help.

TQ :(

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 am

I believe there is no legal method to do it, so please continue with the discussion elsewhere.

cytoh83

Postby cytoh83 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:16 am

hi. may i know which is the latest version of garmin mobile for htc hd2 & where can i get it?
Last edited by dvpro on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove improper request.

dvpro

Postby dvpro » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:12 am

Latest global version for Windows Mobile devices is v5.00.20w, available here: Garmin Mobile® XT Support. However, this free version is only usable with Garmin GPS receiver such as Garmin GPS10x. It will not work with device's built-in GPS receiver (or any non-Garmin GPS receiver for that matter). For GMXT to work with non-Garmin receiver, you need to purchase GMXT data card version.

sense_lbh

Postby sense_lbh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi..i am a new user of Garmin. Currently i am using Nokia 5230 with the OS of "Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 rel. 5". Kindly please advise which Garmin Mobile XT Software versions that compatible with my phone? Thanks a lot ya!

vbnoob
Contributor

Postby vbnoob » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 pm

sense_lbh wrote:Hi..i am a new user of Garmin. Currently i am using Nokia 5230 with the OS of "Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 rel. 5". Kindly please advise which Garmin Mobile XT Software versions that compatible with my phone? Thanks a lot ya!

FYI, the latest version is 5.00.60
Thanks.

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”