Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
cskean
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby cskean » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Guys, just installed Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.60 on my Nokia C5-00 yesterday. Also loaded with MFM Garmin map dated 110404.

I'm a first timer on this Garmin program so I'm still learning the proper way to fully utilise the features....

Below are some of my queries and I hope experts and sifus here can guide me through it.

1. How can I perform a search like Banks, JPJ, Puspakom, Balai Polis and so on without having the No. and Jalan of the destination?

2. Should we use English or Malay words as the keyword during the search? Words like "bukit", "jalan", "taman" should type in full or can use "bkt", "jln", "tmn" during performing a search?

3. How does this A-GPS function actually? If I use A-GPS, will still keep on using my data during the entire destination or it actually just use to acquire the GPS satellite signal, and once the signal is acquired, it will not use anymore data charges?

4. Inside the "Manage My data > Custom POI Sets", how come it is empty? What the use of the Custom POI? Can I add it myself?

5. Some people said that GPS can help to detect Speed Trap Camera, how does it works actually?

6. During the route that shown by the GPS, if I happen to stuck in traffic jam, what should I do so that the GPS can reroute me to another way? Is it automatic or I have to do it manually by setting it?

7. If I set the route for Faster Time before I start the journey, can I change it to Shorter Route in the middle of the journey?


Sincerely hope that experts can help me out.

Lastly, TQVM in advanced.....

P/S : I'm happier with MFM map as it is much more details compare to the bundle ones in my Nokia C5....

shazinaz
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby shazinaz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:58 pm

I have gotten some good information here.

nz_srs
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby nz_srs » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:43 am

cskean wrote:Guys, just installed Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.60 on my Nokia C5-00 yesterday. Also loaded with MFM Garmin map dated 110404.

I'm a first timer on this Garmin program so I'm still learning the proper way to fully utilise the features....

Below are some of my queries and I hope experts and sifus here can guide me through it.

1. How can I perform a search like Banks, JPJ, Puspakom, Balai Polis and so on without having the No. and Jalan of the destination?

2. Should we use English or Malay words as the keyword during the search? Words like "bukit", "jalan", "taman" should type in full or can use "bkt", "jln", "tmn" during performing a search?

3. How does this A-GPS function actually? If I use A-GPS, will still keep on using my data during the entire destination or it actually just use to acquire the GPS satellite signal, and once the signal is acquired, it will not use anymore data charges?

4. Inside the "Manage My data > Custom POI Sets", how come it is empty? What the use of the Custom POI? Can I add it myself?

5. Some people said that GPS can help to detect Speed Trap Camera, how does it works actually?

6. During the route that shown by the GPS, if I happen to stuck in traffic jam, what should I do so that the GPS can reroute me to another way? Is it automatic or I have to do it manually by setting it?

7. If I set the route for Faster Time before I start the journey, can I change it to Shorter Route in the middle of the journey?


Sincerely hope that experts can help me out.

Lastly, TQVM in advanced.....

P/S : I'm happier with MFM map as it is much more details compare to the bundle ones in my Nokia C5....


its easier to search banks, jpj puspakom etc by select this - where to/ points to interest/ spell name / and wait a second then just type the keywords... let say u r searching to Lintang Delima 14. just type Delima 14, and there will appear all about Delima 14, such as Lorong Delima 14, Jalan Delima 14, Solok Delima 14.. and u'll found Lintang Delima 14... same way if u finding for Maybank, just type Maybank and it will finds all the nearest Maybank in your range...

yes, u can use short form such as BKT(bukit), LTG (lintang) .. but, if dalam map set as Lintang Delima 14, you'll not found if u type LTG Delima 14.. depends to mapper setup the place names. hati2 with your keywords.. im prefer to type Delima 14 :) no need to type full adress or full name road, just put the keywords , takpayah panjang2 pon takpee...

to avoid from ditolak credit or any connection yg charge duit, pegi ke menu (bukan garmin menu, but your phone menu) Setting/General/ Positioning/Positioning Methods/ and then untick 'Network Based' . but, it takes a couple of minutes to get the signal from the satellite. but save duit maa...

about the poi, sorry im not sure la.. kena tanya otai2 ni...

yeah, you can change to shorter distance when u are using faster time and it will automatically recalculate the journey... but its looks no effect la, i'v tried it..

when traffic jam, u can use another way, no worry just pulas your steering and it will calculate the road until u arive to your destination.. tak kisah la kalau u dari penang nak pegi kL, then u suka2 ikot jalan ke kelantan, terus masuk ganu or pahang, at the time it will recalculate the journey sampailahh u sampai.. :champ:

garmin will informs u when u are in accident area, speed traps camera, redlight camera... it will alert you.. i rasa ini kot maksudnya POI , tapi u kena add somting dalam POI folder tu..

p/s : dun forget to install new map .. :) 111017 updated !!

i cant travelling without garmin,,,

lapu
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:20 pm
Location: Penang,Malaysia

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby lapu » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:24 pm

unknown source version 6.00.10....enter symbol is ok now.
other improvement, unknown.
browsing map hang up like previous #-o
Nokia 5800XM + garmin XT + Malfreemap + re-radiating antenna: WORK!

rosli7
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 9:03 am

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby rosli7 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:05 am

how about software for symbian 5th edition (for n97, omnia HD etc)

andrewcdb
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:08 pm

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby andrewcdb » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:53 pm

is there any new link for the latest Garmin Mobile XT for me to update latest maps onto my existing folders? can i just overwrite them? Thanks!

User avatar
silverbeauty
Moderator
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby silverbeauty » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:05 pm

andrewcdb wrote:is there any new link for the latest Garmin Mobile XT for me to update latest maps onto my existing folders? can i just overwrite them? Thanks!



Our free to download maps compiled by CGS Mapper are compatible with GMXT. Just download installer, run it to generate mapfile gmapsupp.img and put it in garmin subfolder

zainal84
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby zainal84 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:13 pm

long time haven't update my gamin xt mobile. where can i find the map updates and which file to choose? blur... :-?

User avatar
eddy_duyung
Contributor
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 am
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby eddy_duyung » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am

zainal84 wrote:long time haven't update my gamin xt mobile. where can i find the map updates and which file to choose? blur... :-?



Here ... viewforum.php?f=23

keep reading beetween viewing....TQ
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

ismail_kspg
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:14 am

Re: Garmin Mobile XT Software Versions

Postby ismail_kspg » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Need garmin installer for android 4.1.2, where can be download software and malaysia map?


Return to “GPS Software & Apps”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests