Converting Nuvi 2x5W Firmware to MAL/SIN Firmware

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Re: Converting Nuvi 2x5W Firmware to MAL/SIN Firmware

Postby silverbeauty » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:10 pm

silversurfer2012 wrote:After reading all pages, i became from blur haha!

Anyone from singapore willing to help me out on my Nuvi 255W? The weird thing is i don't know its a local set or a US set, i highly suspect its a US set as i dont have the malaysia/singapore NT map. I bought the set in Singapore from the authorised retailer when 255W was first launch.

Anyway, anyone willing to help me flash my set so i can get JV? willing to pay a small fee or a coffee for your time too. PM me if interested k. Thanks!

All "localized" set should have firmware that supports JCV. Unless it is a "parallel" import, you should have brought it back to authenticate why feature was missing.

Flashing is a high risk to get bricked by the inexperienced newbie and this also voids warranty as this is not condoned by Garmin

silversurfer2012

Postby silversurfer2012 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:53 am

silverbeauty wrote:

Anyone from singapore willing to help me out on my Nuvi 255W? The weird thing is i don't know its a local set or a US set, i highly suspect its a US set as i dont have the malaysia/singapore NT map. I bought the set in Singapore from the authorised retailer when 255W was first launch.

Anyway, anyone willing to help me flash my set so i can get JV? willing to pay a small fee or a coffee for your time too. PM me if interested k. Thanks!

All "localized" set should have firmware that supports JCV. Unless it is a "parallel" import, you should have brought it back to authenticate why feature was missing.

Flashing is a high risk to get bricked by the inexperienced newbie and this also voids warranty as this is not condoned by Garmin

Hi silverbeauty, thank you for your reply, the problem is, my set was bought a very long time back and i think the warrenty for it has expired. Can i check with you how to check if my set is localised?
This is what i get when i go into 'about':
Nuvi 255W
Software version 6.60
Audio Version 1.00
GPS SW version 4.10b
Unit ID: 350614xxxx

Any clue if this is localised?

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:08 am

silversurfer2012 wrote:
silverbeauty wrote:

Hi silverbeauty, thank you for your reply, the problem is, my set was bought a very long time back and i think the warrenty for it has expired. Can i check with you how to check if my set is localised?
Nuvi 255W
Software version 6.60
Audio Version 1.00
GPS SW version 4.10b

Any clue if this is localised?

tat is US set...........

silversurfer2012

Postby silversurfer2012 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:29 pm

Anyway, anyone willing to help me flash my set so i can get JV? willing to pay a small fee or a coffee for your time too. PM me if interested k. Thanks![/quote]

Flashing is a high risk to get bricked by the inexperienced newbie and this also voids warranty as this is not condoned by Garmin[/quote]

Nuvi 255W
Software version 6.60
Audio Version 1.00
GPS SW version 4.10b

Any clue if this is localised?[/quote]

tat is US set...........[/quote]

Ah... so its confirmed. Thanks!

Anyway, i just realised that if i use mfm, i wouldnt have JV, too big a sacrifice to change to msm. haha, i would just stick with mfm as if feel its better. Thanks.

CKS77

Postby CKS77 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 pm

hi, I am about to flash my 265wt SW:7.2 HWID:0827 S4_R P2 V2 2GB to 465t firmware, however, I am going to use it in taiwan, therefore i need chinese input, does 465t comes with that? thanks~

Diodiola

Postby Diodiola » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi, i just convert my 205W unit MAL/SIN.
ROM Test passed. but after i turn off and on again my unit will ask for my locale again and I chose malaysia and it will and it says Can't Unlock Map.
Currently is Version 2.70

keebeng

Postby keebeng » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Hi,

My 205W was bought in 2009 and the spec is stated below. I noticed that all the guides to flash the firmware to support Junction View is related to the S2 and S3 board (mine looks like "TP" board?). Did anyone try or flash successfully his/her 205W to support Junction View with the similar spec below?

Nuvi 205W
Software version 6.10
Audio Version 2.00
GPS SW version 4.10b
Under diagnosis mode (long press battery icon), it shows "nuvi 205W TP P1 V6 2GB"

Thanks a lot.

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Diodiola wrote:Hi, i just convert my 205W unit MAL/SIN.
ROM Test passed. but after i turn off and on again my unit will ask for my locale again and I chose malaysia and it will and it says Can't Unlock Map.
Currently is Version 2.70

U need received satellite den it'll not asking locale again.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

shawndongbo

Postby shawndongbo » Tue May 14, 2013 12:38 pm

I am trying to follow the steps to convert my 255w. After i used updater.exe to flash the new firmware, the device can not boot up anymore. I just shows the Garmin logo forever, and I can not see it on PC. Is there any chance to rescue it?

Thanks a lot!

acidface

Postby acidface » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:13 pm

hi!

can anyone please upload me the rgn for change the firmware to sin/mal for my garmin nüvi 255w S4 HW-ID 827

thx

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”