Garmin Vehicles

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
cynide
Contributor

Re: Additional Cars for Garmin

Postby cynide » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:43 am

Bro I tink d veh can also b found here or check out uncle wong link

http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/bundles ... icles.html

http://www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com/

roltancc

Postby roltancc » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Cool Bro !! I luv those airplanes!!

Vince33

Postby Vince33 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Cheer bro :champ:.... I like Star Trek :thumbsup:
:tq: for the sharing.
cynide wrote:Bro I tink d veh can also b found here or check out uncle wong link

http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/bundles ... icles.html

http://www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com/
GPS for Life.

ccpling
Valued Contributor

Re: Garmin Vehicles

Postby ccpling » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:29 pm

I tried to place the vehicle folder in SD card, but no luck so far.

so just wonder if the "vehicle" folder needs to be created in the internal memory? does anyone tried and make it works on the SD card/garmin/vehicle folder? or this is the limitation?

thanks.

dafansu
Valued Contributor

Postby dafansu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:49 pm

ccpling wrote:I tried to place the vehicle folder in SD card, but no luck so far.

so just wonder if the "vehicle" folder needs to be created in the internal memory? does anyone tried and make it works on the SD card/garmin/vehicle folder? or this is the limitation?

thanks.

its not in your card but in your gps set itself

drsec
Location: Subang Jaya, (Nuvi255W, GMXT on HTC HD2 & Diamond, Nuvi360, Navman F20, PaPaGo X5 on WM6.5)

Postby drsec » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:17 pm

ccpling wrote:I tried to place the vehicle folder in SD card, but no luck so far.

thanks.

This is for GMXT and Nuvi255.
Connect your GPS or Sat Nav to your PC.
Use Explorer to access the following folder: ..../Garmin/Vehicle/ on your sat nav (not on your SDS card)
Copy the vehicle xxxx.srf vehicle file and paste it into the above directory located in your Sat Nav unit.
Last edited by drsec on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mylivek

Postby mylivek » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:16 pm

:peace: All Garmin Vehicles Can Download This Webside :peace:
:rox:
:thumbsup: http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/c ... n/Vehicles :thumbsup:

ccpling
Valued Contributor

Postby ccpling » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:47 pm

dafansu wrote:

thanks.

its not in your card but in your gps set itself

Yes, it works well on my gps > garmin > vehicle folder.

What I am trying to do is placing on the card instead of the gps itself. But seems like the gps cannot recognize the vehicle folder from the card. Any clue?

ccpling
Valued Contributor

Postby ccpling » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:49 pm

drsec wrote:

thanks.

Use Explorer to access the following folder: ..../Garmin/Vehicle/ on your sat nav (not on your SDS card)
Copy the vehicle xxxx.srf vehicle file and paste it into the above directory located in your Sat Nav unit.

Yes, I understand and it does work well on my gps > garmin > vehicle folder.

What I am trying to do is placing those srf files into on the card instead of the gps itself. But seems like the gps cannot recognize the vehicle folder from the card. Any clue?

keong8260
Regional Mapper
Location: Alor Setar (60CSx, Nuvi, Papago, Polnav, Galactio, Compass, Parang, Gun)

Postby keong8260 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:53 pm

ccpling wrote:
drsec wrote:

thanks.

Yes, I understand and it does work well on my gps > garmin > vehicle folder.

What I am trying to do is placing those srf files into on the card instead of the gps itself. But seems like the gps cannot recognize the vehicle folder from the card. Any clue?

No you can't do it... the only way is to paste inside the vehicle folder... it is the "LAW" set by Garmin. 8-)

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”