How to Backup microSD for Galactio Car GPS?

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
tks

How to Backup microSD for Galactio Car GPS?

Postby tks » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:18 pm

My new car came with Galactio GPS running MFM and SLA maps. I noticed the supplied microSD is a puny "ddlink" brand Class 4 4GB card. As I know microSD cards can fail easily, I want to make a backup just in case.

However, when I copied the contents to a new microSD card, the GPS software does not work. I think the GPS software is licensed for the original card only. Is there a way to backup the card?

moeyhc
Valued Contributor
Location: Penang - Nuvi 300, 205W, 2575RLM, M1200, M1000B/C, Papago N1

Re: How to Backup microSD for Galactio Car GPS?

Postby moeyhc » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:05 am

Welcome back Bro tks,

Sad to let you know that the navigation software license is tied to the SD card serial number. You can't move it to another SD card.

Cheers!
Common Sense Is Not Common.

tks

Postby tks » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Yes, it's nice to be back!

Was "away" for some time as I was using Google Maps and Waze, and did not see the need to use MFM maps. But now that my car uses MFM maps, I feel the "need" to update the map.

sharon_glh

Postby sharon_glh » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Yes, I have the same thoughts too to have it backup into another MicroSD card for just in case. However, like moeyhc said, the software licence is tied to the serial number of the SD card. Wonder if the original MicroSD card get corrupted or having faulty issue, do I need to go back to the vendor to purchase another new card? Thks folks! Appreciate your inputs.

tks

Postby tks » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:09 pm

If it is under warranty, I am sure they will replace it. If it is out of warranty, I really don't know.

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”