Need Advice of map Update

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
Franklkk

Need Advice of map Update

Postby Franklkk » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi all, I am using Garmin 3790. Recently, I have updated my map through Garmin website but It never show the MCE & new roads at TPE junction of CTE & SLE etc.

I have taken 2 screen shots of my GPS. Please enlighten me cos I am really don't know what to do to update to the latest map.

Thanks in advance.

tympg
Senior Mapper

Re: Need Advice of map Update

Postby tympg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:20 pm

If you're using Malfree (this site's map), do not tick Malsing and Navteq as well.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

Franklkk

Postby Franklkk » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:16 pm

tympg wrote:If you're using Malfree (this site's map), do not tick Malsing and Navteq as well.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Does ut mean that untick the 2 will able me to have the latest map shown in my GPS?

tympg
Senior Mapper

Postby tympg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Having all three Malfree/Malsing/Navteq selected confuses the software and may have affected the display. Untick and see for yourself.
Garmin nüvi 2575R; Garmin eTrex Vista HCx; Android 5.0.1 Phone

Franklkk

Postby Franklkk » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:09 pm

tympg wrote:Having all three Malfree/Malsing/Navteq selected confuses the software and may have affected the display. Untick and see for yourself.

Ok. Thanks.

I also don't know how come all Boxes ate ticked. I am No good in GPS. Just update by following the instruction. I will check the map again after untick the rest as per adviced.

Thanks again.

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Look likes most of the map is up to date..
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

silverbeauty
Location: Sin-Ka-Pu-Ra Garmin Nüvi1350, 3790T, Fenix, eTrex HcX Panasonic ICE+Garmin Samsung Note3 Apple iPad3

Postby silverbeauty » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Franklkk wrote:
tympg wrote:Having all three Malfree/Malsing/Navteq selected confuses the software and may have affected the display. Untick and see for yourself.

Ok. Thanks.

I also don't know how come all Boxes ate ticked. I am No good in GPS. Just update by following the instruction. I will check the map again after untick the rest as per adviced.

Thanks again.

By default, any map updates done will result it in being enabled. You have to manually decide to use or not to use map

OngCC
Senior Mapper

Postby OngCC » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Franklkk wrote:Hi all, I am using Garmin 3790. Recently, I have updated my map through Garmin website but It never show the MCE & new roads at TPE junction of CTE & SLE etc.

I have taken 2 screen shots of my GPS. Please enlighten me cos I am really don't know what to do to update to the latest map.

Thanks in advance.

The map shown in the screen shot is from 2013.20 Navteq ALL, uncheck it will show MCE.
The TPE junction of CTE & SLE is not in 2014.30-Malfree ALL yet.
Upload your contribution to MFM drop box if you don't want others to take your contributed tracklogs or POIs.
http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11630

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”