GARMIN deactivated My Nuvi 200w 1-sec tracklog????

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
zuree
Valued Contributor

GARMIN deactivated My Nuvi 200w 1-sec tracklog????

Postby zuree » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:29 pm

hi...bro,

Since 2009 my nuvi 200w is able to do 1 -sec tracking as guided by bro Jason and many time i contributed tracks to MFM. But sad now because seems like GARMIN deactivated my 200w 1 -sec tracklog special features. i also cannot select 'vehicle' although 38 car/vehicle in my nuvi 200w drive.

My nuvi 200w also cannot change language, and ALWAYS shows "software upgrade finish" messages when bootup my nuvi. i try to do hard reset many time and the problem still exist. i suspected that garmin modified and revert my 200w to original firmware and disable 1-sec tracking features and vehicle selection...via satellite?...because i never upgrade and connect my old nuvi 200w to the internet or garmin web updater...even i download and copy map using card reader.....i just want to say...

... deleted ... :x

Bro zuree, share your frustration, but please refrain from posting such expressives :tq:

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Re: GARMIN deactivated My Nuvi 200w 1-sec tracklog????

Postby JasonLee » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:35 pm

zuree wrote:hi...bro,

Since 2009 my nuvi 200w is able to do 1 -sec tracking as guided by bro Jason and many time i contributed tracks to MFM. But sad now because seems like GARMIN deactivated my 200w 1 -sec tracklog special features. i also cannot select 'vehicle' although 38 car/vehicle in my nuvi 200w drive.

My nuvi 200w also cannot change language, and ALWAYS shows "software upgrade finish" messages when bootup my nuvi. i try to do hard reset many time and the problem still exist. i suspected that garmin modified and revert my 200w to original firmware and disable 1-sec tracking features and vehicle selection...through satellite?...because i never upgrade and connect my old nuvi 200w to the internet or garmin web updater...i just want to say... :x

Once you changed your firmware to a modified firmware, you should not update your firmware. That is probably what you did. If you can find the original firmware I pointed to you, maybe you can restore the facility.
Lean not on your own understanding

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:38 pm

JasonLee wrote:
zuree wrote:hi...bro,

My nuvi 200w also cannot change language, and ALWAYS shows "software upgrade finish" messages when bootup my nuvi. i try to do hard reset many time and the problem still exist. i suspected that garmin modified and revert my 200w to original firmware and disable 1-sec tracking features and vehicle selection...through satellite?...because i never upgrade and connect my old nuvi 200w to the internet or garmin web updater...i just want to say... :x

Once you changed your firmware to a modified firmware, you should not update your firmware. That is probably what you did. If you can find the original firmware I pointed to you, maybe you can restore the facility.

noo...bro i never update firmware/even never connect to internet..i always download latest maps and copy using card reader.

JasonLee
Regional Mapper
Location: Penang (Magellan Meridian Color & Garmin Nuvi 1460, 2465, 2575R, 3560 & Etrex 30)

Postby JasonLee » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 pm

zuree wrote:noo...bro i never update firmware/even never connect to internet..i always download latest maps and copy using card reader.

Then try to instal the old firmware again.
Lean not on your own understanding

zuree
Valued Contributor

Postby zuree » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:15 pm

JasonLee wrote:
zuree wrote:noo...bro i never update firmware/even never connect to internet..i always download latest maps and copy using card reader.

how? forgot the step :mrgreen:

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Postby eddy_duyung » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 pm

zuree wrote:
JasonLee wrote:

how? forgot the step :mrgreen:

Instructions :
http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/ontheroad/nuvi205W/#updateTab

Bro ...i guest you might need this file to restore your Nuvi to previous state,actually this file is for Nuvi 255W..TQ

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qoy55spcb0cmxw9/nuvi255W_SG_v270.exe
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”