Garmin Mobile PC

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
galee

Garmin Mobile PC

Postby galee » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:47 am

Hi there,

I am new to this Garmin Mobile PC and I know Garmin had it discontinued but just wish to know how to make it work with MFM map.

I had downloaded the Garmin Mobile PC 5.00.70 from Garmin website and installed it on my laptop. It installed perfectly fine.

Upon launching it with a basemap (gmapbmapp.img) it shows up in the map browsing and I could browse the bare world map.

Upon installing MFM into my newly installed Garmin Mobile PC, (copy gmapsupp.img to GMPC folder) it will just create an error log in the GMPC folder and prompt an error message saying

ERROR: Assert Failure at uni_cnvt.c:327 in PocketNav with error 0

When MFM map is deleted from the folder, the GMPC launch flawlessly.

I have done alot of search over the internet, over at this forum and found nothing much on this error.

Thanks in advanced if anyone can shine some light on this problem that I have.

galee

Re: Garmin Mobile PC

Postby galee » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi all,

Problem solved. I had read on several site that older GMPC would need to be transfered manually from mapsource.

Upon investigation with test transfer from mapsource to GMPC folder, they did copy the GMAPSUPP.img together with afew more GIR files.

To get MFM to work, do the normal installation of the MFM map.

When it asked to transfer to Garmin device, just save it to the root folder of the GMPC and it will automatically create these GIR files.

Once done, the GMPC will read MFM maps.

:) Happy trying.

eddy_duyung
Contributor
Location: Tinggi Island,Johore. Garmin Mobile XT,nüvi 50LM,nüvi 880,nüvi 255W,nüvi 2465

Re: Garmin Mobile PC

Postby eddy_duyung » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:22 am

Well done...so do you have a receiver to receive a sattelite signal for this GMPC?
Nokia 5800XM , Garmin nüvi 50LM,Garmin nüvi 880,Garmin nüvi 255W,Garmin nüvi 2465

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”