Status of Papago X8 for Android?

Discussions and information on PC-based GPS software

Moderators: Moderators, Regional Mappers

Forum rules
1. Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Post in normal font size, color and weight. Follow Nettiquette
2. NO out of topic. Discuss about GPS software only
3. NO abuse, profanity and insults
4. NO spamming, cross posting and opening of duplicate topics
5. NO advertisement post or link
6. NO post/link to warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content
7. Each message posted is owned by and is the opinion of the original poster. Neither mfm nor its owner or moderators are legally responsible for anything posted on the forum
yc1437

Re: Status of Papago X8 for Android?

Postby yc1437 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:10 am

Hmm, we purchase a legal copy of papago x5, but end up no free upgrade to the new version? Other android apps are free upgrade once you purchase, i dont understand why not papago. In fact the current X5.1 still buggy & always forced close during the navigation, it is practically useless for me! The problem is not fixed & now they ask the user to pay for new version OR pay for the bug fix???? Maction, settle the X5.1 forced close bug :finga:
时间存在的惟一理由是,如此才不会所有事情同时发生 - 爱因斯坦

GPS: Nuvi 3790

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:35 am

Just email them, they said end of this year will release papago! M8. Can't wait for it...

I'm legal user, I don't mind to pay again for the upgrade. Because I know there is a lot illegal papago outside and I know they trying their best to prevent it. Their current price is RM99 only, so next version sure is not more than RM99, still can be affordable, even give more discount I'm sure will be more happy ^^

Money goes to developer and hope they will make it more better in future :)

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 am

yc1437 wrote:Hmm, we purchase a legal copy of papago x5, but end up no free upgrade to the new version? Other android apps are free upgrade once you purchase, i dont understand why not papago. In fact the current X5.1 still buggy & always forced close during the navigation, it is practically useless for me! The problem is not fixed & now they ask the user to pay for new version OR pay for the bug fix???? Maction, settle the X5.1 forced close bug :finga:

I have no force close whenever I use it till now, everything very very smooth...

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:33 pm

adrianyujs wrote:Just email them, they said end of this year will release papago! M8. Can't wait for it...

I'm legal user, I don't mind to pay again for the upgrade. Because I know there is a lot illegal papago outside and I know they trying their best to prevent it. Their current price is RM99 only, so next version sure is not more than RM99, still can be affordable, even give more discount I'm sure will be more happy ^^

Bro, I'm also a legitimate customer (Android X5) for just over an year. I am happy with the current X5 software I have now and do not want to pay for M8 upgrade. At present, we do not know the upgrading cost to M8 from X5 yet and not everyone like you who is financially capable to absorb the extra cost.

What is the objective of this X5/M8 upgrade?
If I am not wrong, Maction/M3GPS forcres legitimate customers to upgrade in order to to fend off illegal users as much as poosible and hoping this group of users will buy legitimate copies from them (which will in turn increase revenue). Honoursly, I don't see this upgrade has benefitting existing legitimate custonmers. As a result, customers are now pissing off the upgrading hassles which ends up will help M3GPS/Maction to fend off illegal customers only. IMHO, to keep illegal copies out of bay is M3GPS and Maction's responbsiblility and it should not at the cost of their legetimate customers.

I wish, one day, I could run a business with this model (by M3GPS/Maction):
1. Ask legitimate customers to pay for upgrade without benefit but to fend off illegal users
2. Ask legitimate customers to pay for upgrade without benefit but hopeing developer will make the software better in future
--JC

adrianyujs

Postby adrianyujs » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:41 pm

JayCee wrote:
adrianyujs wrote:Just email them, they said end of this year will release papago! M8. Can't wait for it...

Bro, I'm also a legitimate customer (Android X5) for just over an year. I am happy with the current X5 software I have now and do not want to pay for M8 upgrade. At present, we do not know the upgrading cost to M8 from X5 yet and not everyone like you who is financially capable to absorb the extra cost.

What is the objective of this X5/M8 upgrade?
If I am not wrong, Maction/M3GPS forcres legitimate customers to upgrade in order to to fend off illegal users as much as poosible and hoping this group of users will buy legitimate copies from them (which will in turn increase revenue). Honoursly, I don't see this upgrade has benefitting existing legitimate custonmers. As a result, customers are now pissing off the upgrading hassles which ends up will help M3GPS/Maction to fend off illegal customers only. IMHO, to keep illegal copies out of bay is M3GPS and Maction's responbsiblility and it should not at the cost of their legetimate customers.

I wish, one day, I could run a business with this model (by M3GPS/Maction):
1. Ask legitimate customers to pay for upgrade without benefit but to fend off illegal users
2. Ask legitimate customers to pay for upgrade without benefit but hopeing developer will make the software better in future
--JC

i know a lot ppl will pissing about it, but logically there is a lot improvement with the latest version like better route, better search engine and so on....

jchoong

Postby jchoong » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:08 am

My major problem with X5 is that the routing is often erroneous and navigate you through a big loop. So if M8 has a much better routing algorithm that is as good as Garmin, then I don't mind paying a small upgrade fee - say 50% discount on a new subscription. That is provided MFM continue to provide maps for M8.
Nuvi 2575; 40LM; Nexus 4

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:54 am

jchoong wrote:My major problem with X5 is that the routing is often erroneous and navigate you through a big loop. So if M8 has a much better routing algorithm that is as good as Garmin, then I don't mind paying a small upgrade fee - say 50% discount on a new subscription. That is provided MFM continue to provide maps for M8.

I don't understand the logic.
IMHO, manufacturer is obligated to fix any product deficiencies/defects free of charge in reasonable time frame.
Asking customers to pay for a newer version, even at hefty discount, to cure bugs with paid products/software is fundamentally not acceptable - horrible after sales service .

Since mid September, members have raised the concern that mfm recently has not been able to adhere to the motto set out by rule 8c in the 2nd thread of About Malfreemaps (for Papago maps at least) - mfm should be given total control over the release of our maps in any platform. To my guess, Maction and mfm may have some non-official arrangements made earlier such that mfm is no longer has the say on how it can use of the Papago compiler. IMHO, there is nothing wrong for mfm seniors to seek/apply change(s) to the existing rule/process to reflect the actual. As such, to the interest of all members, mfm should come up with statement as soon as possible clarifying its position/stand on this rule 8c - either status in quo or amend accordingly. Only after this clarification action, we can then determine if mfm is able in a free position to provide M8 (Papago) maps to the community at wish or not.

--JC

m3gps

Postby m3gps » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Please be informed that M8 is currently under vigorous testing on the ground and will be released as soon as all issues are resolved. M3 has not release any news with regards to any charges , as such, what is posted here are pure speculations and hearsay.

Once release, we will publish and notify all users who has registered their software , as stated here in http://support.m3gps.com/,

Important Note:

* A service charge may be levied at the Service Centres for installation and support if your device warranty period has lapsed.

* Prior to visiting the Service Center, customers are encouraged to call & make prior arrangement/appointment before going to your nearest service outlet to avoid any unnecessary delays.

JayCee

Postby JayCee » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:48 pm

m3gps wrote:Please be informed that M8 is currently under vigorous testing on the ground and will be released as soon as all issues are resolved. M3 has not release any news with regards to any charges , as such, what is posted here are pure speculations and hearsay.

Once release, we will publish and notify all users who has registered their software , as stated here in http://support.m3gps.com/,

Important Note:

* A service charge may be levied at the Service Centres for installation and support if your device warranty period has lapsed.

* Prior to visiting the Service Center, customers are encouraged to call & make prior arrangement/appointment before going to your nearest service outlet to avoid any unnecessary delays.

Salute to M3GPS' super quick response even it is on a Sunday.
I am glad at least they have clarified all the news here are rumors and unofficial.

With this clarification, I gathered that customers with warranty lapsed products seeking upgrade help at Service Centres MAY BE LEVIED. As such, please further clarified that:
1. Customers with still under warranty products seeking upgrade help at Service Centres are not levied
2. If there is a route for customers to upgrade by themselves through network, at what cost and under what conditions?

"will be released as soon as all issues are resolved" is as good as "no date" to your customers.
Please provide a (quantifiable) tentative release schedule to manage your customers expectation.
Revision to tentative schedule with early advance notice is not unusual but should be avoided.

--JC

m3gps

Postby m3gps » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:02 am

Dear JayCee,

Looking through all your post, we thank you for your support and rest assure that we are doing every thing to ensure a smooth
transition of all version of Papago below X8.5.

MFM community leaders are spending their precious free time to compile these maps and given free to all users, for that, we
truely appreciate these efforts. As such, in order not to put non-map related issue to be posted on this forum, we welcome
your email to support@m3gps.com.

As such, this will be the last post we will response here. We welcome your email to support@m3gps.com

Map compilation is not a click and run affair. There are many work involved in tweaking and also work around , coding
and also many communication , meeting , consulation with Maction engineer to match the maps data and the software.
In fact, it is many hours of work which MFM senior has contribute their time selflessly for the benefit of users like yourself.

Maybe you are not aware, Since X3, there are many changes in various functionalities and also improvement.Each changes
require changes on map internal data structure. And as times goes by, the map files size has also increased. As such, it
is our wish to address these issues head on to ensure that all Papago perform to the same specification for ease of
support for the future. Current X8.5 maps file size has reduce drastically, and it will be further reduce overtime to ensure
that the performance are not affected due to large map file.

Unlike other brand G, one can not upgrade the firmware. That resulted in those bought earlier do not have new features
like JV ...etc While Papago is providing upgrade across the board to all users of Papago as publish in
http://support.m3gps.com/

This shows that Papago is committed to provide the same features to all users irrespective whether those units are
bought years ago. , instead of the need to buy a new unit in order to have new features., as Papago navtgational features
are not tie to the hardware devices.

Let us also clarify. Todate, There is no charge to the cost of the software. These software are provided Free of Charge.
The charges that quote here in http://support.m3gps.com/ are for dealer /resellers' charges ie Service Charges
Rendered.., as such, M3GPS is not making any profit from these upgrade exercise at all.

Lastly, to answer your question

1. We are trying our best to release the M8 before mid of November if not earlier
2. As much as possible we would like to provide it as download as well, and we are still working on this. Please email
us at support@m3gps.com and provide us your email address.Rest assure that you will be the first one we notify
once available

Our apology for the late response, and thank you for your continue support. Rest assure that all your comments are noted
and we will endeavour to meet your expectation of us. Thank you for your patience.

Return to “GPS Software & Apps”